free website stats program Which motorcycle lift? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which motorcycle lift?

i have the h/f high postion lift paid $175 added a table to it for my other
toys...snowblower,lawn tractor,etc....my uc is up on it now..picks it up
about 28"....great for my first lift:D

Yep. I am amazed the Moco still sells those orange rubber blocks. They are a flat-out safety hazard to use. At least they were on the '09 frame I tried them on.

Agreed, Ihave the harley lift which was brilliant for one man lifting of my touring models and putting them on the service stand and wheeling the bike about. I bought the adaptors but they look like trouble to me for a one man operation, so I'm thinking of selling off my HD lift and stand.
I have a Kendon lift which is compact and can be transported and stores away when not in use- and its gets a lot of that because its useless- its a struggle to get the bikes front wheel in the chock and when its in-you can't get it out with out calling up a helper.
The bikes wheels are not raised for access, there is a jack you can purchase which fouls the sump so hey those orange things from Harley might come in handy after all.

I picked up one of those Harbor Freight lift tables

r1abe1.jpg

1000 Lb. Capacity Motorcycle Lift

I threw the front wheel clamp in the trash and instead mounted a Bike Pro wheel chock

Bike Pro Removable Wheel Chocks

which locks the wheel into when you ride into the chock.

The table cost me less than one of those J & S jacks and gets the work up where I do not have to get down on the ground. The table has a drop out plate so you can pull the rear wheel, I only had to get a Titan mini table jack to lift my Wide Glide up.

Can't speak on the J&S but last year I bought a Big Red Torin off ebay for 75 bucks and am impressed. Very beefy and works great, Northern Equipment also sells them.

A friend in Hanoi made a nice change in my life when he GAVE me an IB bike lift someone is making here for the Aussie market. Lifts about a foot. Easy one man operation. Sure beats a floor jack and crawling around on concrete. My knees could not take much more of that.

Now to figure out how to carry it on road trips!:rofl

Back