free website stats program Which motorcycle lift? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which motorcycle lift?

If I was Geezer or RWB I'd probably drink the beer, talk shop, take the rest of the day off and bale leaving both the balance of the beer and the lift for another day LOL! :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers Ya really shouldn't work with a lift, or bike after a few pints anyway...

If I was Geezer or RWB I'd probably drink the beer, talk shop, take the rest of the day off and bale leaving both the balance of the beer and the lift for another day LOL! :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers Ya really shouldn't work with a lift, or bike after a few pints anyway...

might also be easy to get RWB to do one of his fancy BBQs if he could see the lift from the cooler :cheers:cheers:D

Harbor Freight has the yellow lift for $60 for the month of September, at least in Colorado. That is a steal and mine is working great of course I paid $80 because that is the way we roll.

Lets face it money is tight for everyone unless you are Forbes or Gates. So what is it the average person can do? Go with the best you can afford and up grade when you can! Don't be afraid to buy used. I am a hands on kind of person so the local Craigslist works great for me. Just remember when buying used do a full function test. Harbour Frieght has some nice jacks as well as work tables (I have one of each) and they both work great, they where inexpensive and fully funtional. Wouldn't recomend them for a motorcycle shop but for home use follow the guide lines and they work great. Sears home of Craftsman offers a nice jack and you get that warm fuzzy feeling of Craftsman tools, just pay attention to the warrenty as it is NOT lifetime like their hand tools.
Either way as my daddy always said "buy the best you can for the money and if you can't afford to replace it tomarrow...insure it".
Good luck and ride safe

One more quick note if you read American Iron magazine every month they have coupons for Harbour Frieght. They include lower prices on jacks, table lifts, wheel cleaning dollies as well as a 20% off coupon. The lovely Mrs. Slapp used the coupon for the lift table along with the 20% off coupon and got my table lift for right around $164. bucks not a bad deal at all.
Again good luck and ride safe.

Last edited:
Yep. I am amazed the Moco still sells those orange rubber blocks. They are a flat-out safety hazard to use. At least they were on the '09 frame I tried them on.

have done the conversion on my Sears lift. If you do a search on the internet for the redjack modification (works on the HF model as well) you an chuck the MOCO junk in the trash after you get done with the mods. Done mine in about an hour

Back