free website stats program Which motorcycle lift? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which motorcycle lift?

Well I am one satisfied user of the Harbor Freight yellow one. Why...?

1) Price was right (at the time I bought it with discount coupon on sale, it was $54 out the door...more money for your bike.

2), I am a "casual" user that only uses it for times where a lift is NECESSARY and CONVENIENT so I do not use it to move my bike or store or multiple bikes to convert it into a "ROLLER".

3) I use my bike virtually year 'round, I've learned to service bike quickly on the jiffy stand or lean it 'gainst wall/fence with bike hooks and Ancra straps out back, put ol' fashioned wood blocks to steady it underneath and I am off and running, the way I did it before I got the lift. Just my way...:s!

Don't forget to bungy cord the jiffy stand so it does not fold up on you as a precaution, use safety straps to prevent that first "slip" and use a friend as a spotter the first few times you use before doing it solo with that stand.

DSCN0825-1.jpg

I have a jack and it is a pain to use with my '06 Dyna WG. I'm going to sell it and get a lift table. Age has a lot to do with it. At 70+ I don't feel like kneeling, squating, or laying beside a bike anymore. Just my 2 cents. In the wind.

Pops

I have a jack and it is a pain to use with my '06 Dyna WG. I'm going to sell it and get a lift table. Age has a lot to do with it. At 70+ I don't feel like kneeling, squating, or laying beside a bike anymore. Just my 2 cents. In the wind. Pops

I can definitely relate to that. My $70 lift works fine but I want a table lift someday. They start around $350 and go up. Just makes the whole work experience come up higher so you aren't squatted down low all the time.

The table would be nice for cleaning, oil changes, etc. Still a problem if you want to pull the wheels for tires, bearings.

The table would be nice for cleaning, oil changes, etc. Still a problem if you want to pull the wheels for tires, bearings.

Well I can see how you might think that but it is not that way. I've watched them do it at the Harley shop. They have small scissor jack blocks that slide under the rear or front of the frame to lift either wheel. In fact many table lifts come with with one of these jacks or the cheaper ones have it as an add on option.

Believe me at my age after a couple of days of squating down and bending over to get to stuff with it on a regular lift, a table lift would make my back so appreciative.

Well I am one satisfied user of the Harbor Freight yellow one. Why...?

1) Price was right (at the time I bought it with discount coupon on sale, it was $54 out the door...more money for your bike.

2), I am a "casual" user that only uses it for times where a lift is NECESSARY and CONVENIENT so I do not use it to move my bike or store or multiple bikes to convert it into a "ROLLER".

3) I use my bike virtually year 'round, I've learned to service bike quickly on the jiffy stand or lean it 'gainst wall/fence with bike hooks and Ancra straps out back, put ol' fashioned wood blocks to steady it underneath and I am off and running, the way I did it before I got the lift. Just my way...:s!

Don't forget to bungy cord the jiffy stand so it does not fold up on you as a precaution, use safety straps to prevent that first "slip" and use a friend as a spotter the first few times you use before doing it solo with that stand.

DSCN0825-1.jpg

i have the same and love it... CL for 50$ and it was still in the box.

a buddy has a table lift for when it is needed, so best of both worlds:cheers

My table lift has a section of the floor that slides forward and underneath so I can drop a wheel out.

Back