free website stats program Which Model to Upgrade To? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Model to Upgrade To?

I'm far from an expert and don't have the experience as some of these gents, but i'm 6' 2" and 240 lbs and I have a Softail Heritage Classic. I put the engine guard and highway pegs on it so I can kick out my legs and relax.

Overall, I'm very happy.

Opps!..dang it ! didn't work...was gonna show you ..you can build your own sorta of...but forgot how to load the pics...I'm a idiot!

Last edited:
What you said about vibration is correct. The Softail model motors are counterbalanced and don't vibrate any more at idle than they do at speed. My EG is smooth at speed thanks to the rubber mounts but you could mix a drink without a shaker while at idle. That really doesn't bother me because it leaves no doubt that you are sitting on a Harley! (Oh crap! Now that that picture is in my mind I may have to go try it. "Oh Hi, Officer. I was just trying an experiment. Care for a margarita?")

Storm

I've been told by many that the best bang for the buck in the possy is an EG Standard (FLHT). You don't have the bulk of the trunk, but the protection of the full fairing is nice. The ride is extremely smooth and plushy, plus you can add cruise control - a great benefit. Of course, I also like the looks of the Wide Glide. I prefer the A motor over the B motor, but to each his own.

Save your self some time and money and go to the touring class,most people end up there any way's.Road King is really a universal model,comfort and look's,what more could you want? Endless amount of after market part's available to build a hot rod ,cruiser what ever you want.I never thought i would buy a big ole bagger but guess what,now i would never buy any thing else.But the choice is your's,no one can make that but you.:s

Back