free website stats program Which Makes You More Visible? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Makes You More Visible?

Doc, I don't see many with modulators around here, but the ones I do see definitely get your attention. The headlight I've got in my SG, and my wife's Honda Sabre, is a PIAA Super Plasma GT-X. They aren't cheap, but really put out the light.

J Super PLasma GT-X H4 PIAA Bulb

Doc, I don't see many with modulators around here, but the ones I do see definitely get your attention. The headlight I've got in my SG, and my wife's Honda Sabre, is a PIAA Super Plasma GT-X. They aren't cheap, but really put out the light.

J Super PLasma GT-X H4 PIAA Bulb

Man, you aren't kidding! 60 bucks for a light bulb! You sure PIAA isn't a wholely owned subsidiery of HD?

I'd go with extra lights too.

On my Herritage, I leave the fog lights on with low beam all the time, I aimed the left fog light slightly to the left and aimed the right fog light slightly to the right so if I'm in the middle lane, both drivers on my left and right got the beam of my fog lights at them, it's may be annoyance to them but in hope, they will see me.

I've done the same thing as you, I adjusted them to hit their rear view side mirrors at about thirty feet behind. Also when I'm in fog at night I don't have the lamps reflecting tons of more light off the fog in front of me. It seems to diffuse the light better in the fog imo.

How about $11 for a better bulb that works fantastic? I've run these in a few bikes now and I think they are about as good as it gets.

Wow, wish i had known about the cheaper bulb before I spent the big bucks on 2 bikes. Guess that's what I get for starting out on a metric.:newsmile091:

Never had any problems in the many bikes I have run these in as yet. Guess there's always a first time thou. I think the biggest problem with the melted plugs/wires are a loose connection which will heat it up more than the bulb itself.

Back