free website stats program Which is Faster???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which is Faster????

It doesnt matter anyway Smitty,a large percentage of those Honda sales shouldnt count anyway.I can think of several friends who bought them for there wifes only to end up as coat racks in the garrage.Some serious comments on this issue so far but not one argument made about power to wieght?Take the Mini Cooper of the late 60's.Very small motor with not much horsepower yet banned from racing after repeatedly beating the Ferrarri's and Porches of the era.Obviously Harleys are heavy so I guess my argument is this:

If 3 guys enter a hotel and are told one room is $30,they each hand the clerk a ten dollar bill and are shown to their room.The manager then appears and informs the desk clerk of the weekend special at $25 a room and instructs him to refund the 3 men their change.A bell hop is sent to their room with 5 1 dollar bills.Realizing he doesnt have the change to distribute the money evenly to the 3 men, he descides to pocket $2 and give them each back a dollar.The men have now payed $9 each for the room, with the bell hop keeping $2.If 9 times 3 = 27 and the bell hop kept 2 for 29.Wheres the extra dollar?

Last edited:
Sledog, What was that about your Ducati going well over 100mph in first gear?(EDITED)!And I can see just fine and here on Maui Harleys out no. other brands at least 2-1.You think it's not politically correct to say I like my Harley better than any other brand?As far as how fast Harleys are have you ever been to the Harley drags? You can see streetbikes running low 10s and high 9s and Fuelers running low 6s over 220.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that there are some souped up fast Harley's, to me a Harley is a cruiser. My last bike a Honda 600f2 SuperSport stock was light at had the horse power, I doubt a Harley could have touched it in the quarter. Speed is what the crotch rockets are made for. I will never buy another one, I'm older and I just want to ride, but not at speeds that are real dangerous. Whats the point ? When I buy my Road King and a rice rocket wants to race I will smile and let them go and most likely meet them at the next stoplight.

What's the point here? Ride what you want to ride, how you want to ride it, and enjoy doing it. Harley, Honda, Ducati, Yamaha, who cares? They all share the same passion for riding. Bench race all you want but the thing is most guys and gals that ride dont need to prove anything. They like what they like and no one will be able to change their opinions. Just get out and ride!

Travis

I agree with both of you guy's, it is just when I read baloney I have to say something, and I wanted to point out that there are VERY fast Harleys, aircooled street legals runnin 9's and Badrod a all Harley parts Screamin Eagle big bore Vrod, no blower or turbo,no nitrious, no wheelie bar and runnin gasolin that ran an 8.8 quarter. But mostly yes, anyone tellin me thier Jap bike is faster is like someone with a Viper sayin it's faster than a60 Vette, so what!

i think you get more respect not racing as when you get to the next set of lights you meet again and the race rider looks away embarassed . wasnt the idea of harley to do the buell and streetrod to do the fast bit .i bought my harleys because its the best bike ever made oh and an indian chief :)vincent triumph norton brough

That ride proves what? That we can both ride and enjoy it. Now that would be fun. I do believe you missed the whole point of what I said. Fossil

Going back a few years, actually quite a few, I remember the battle royal between the Sportster, the Triumph and the Norton and who was fastest. Stock for Stock, most of the time it was who managed to get off the line first and not miss-shift, which won that particular run.

This of course was up to 1969 if I remember correctly when Kawasaki introduced that motorized pencil, the 500cc 3-cylinder, two stroke rocket the Mach I. Which was able to show the bunch of us the way of the future, usually with the front tire high in the air.

Saying that, let me say this, on a long stretch of road with a healthy cross wind that lightweight motorized pencil would be running down the road in a straight line and scraping the foot peg trying to stay upright while fighting the wind. Whilst we on our Norton's and Sportsters .. motored happily down that road.

The bottom line, IMHO, is you can build em lighter, you can build em with more cylinders, and you can build em with more horsepower, but you simply can't beat a big inch, pushrod Twin for everyday and general riding. Lord, that torque is addictive.

Back