free website stats program Which HD? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which HD?

She also wants the speakers in the back as on the Ultra but I don't know if that is really necessary

Do you want to be happy with the new bike?

You'll be much happier if you get the speakers if you know what I mean.:D

The alarm is always a good thing too.

Just so ya know ya can kinda build your own bike...if ya start with a Roadie...as far as rear speakers..I hope i say this with out offendin anyone...but most of the ladies that we ride with...WoW ! how do I say this....they cover the rear speakers...Now I said it..hope ya understand what I'm sayin...lol..hope this works i'll show ya my bike and you can see what I mean about build your own...The first pic is with stock windshield...and no tour pac....the second is with a Hoppe fairing...and a fantastic sound system...no rear speakers but my wife says she can hear just fine and she wears a full helmet..I can remove the fairing in about 10 minutes and reinstall the windshield also the Sissy bar and Tour-pac can be changed in 5 minutes are less...so we ride to fit the day...lol..Honest its a road king..lol however my friends says its a a Ultra King...lol

Attachments

• with stock windshield.jpg
    with stock windshield.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 987
  • with Hoppe Fairing.jpg
    with Hoppe Fairing.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
During my travels this weekend, I found a couple used Ultras for sale at a couple different Harley dealerships. Can you guys tell me what I should offer if I decide to go with one of these Ultras?

First one is a 2006. About 5600 miles. It has chrome forks, luggage rack on top of the tour pak. I don't think it has any other options. But of course the Ultra already has a lot of stuff as standard.

The second one is also a 2006 with 3000 miles. It has rider back rest, front and rear adjustable highway pegs, luggage rack on top of tour pak, stage 1 and L/H pipes, chrome brake disk cover, optional lights around saddle bags.

Also, where do I look up the value of bikes on the Internet?

So how do I determine what they are worth?

Ozoneman

You can check on the prices of the bikes here.

Kelley Blue Book - Enter Your ZIP Code

New and Used Powersports Motorcycle prices, values, specs and pictures at NADAguides

Keep in mind that when the dealer tries to sell you a bike with the extras on it that they most times didn't pay anything over wholesale price for the bike even WITH the extras so don't let them sell you a bill of goods. Most people trading in bikes remove the extras because of this.

Average the prices on the two sites above and make a reasonable offer based on that. The sites will also show what they pay most times for the bike on a trade in regardless of the hype they try to tell you that they payed GOOD money for the bike to get your price up, they pay wholesale only with usually no allowance for the extras on the bike.

When you find a bike with extras like the chrome forks, that tax (labor) was paid by the previous owner and the MOST you should consider for additional price is about half of the cost of the fork package on a resale.

Back