free website stats program Which harley to buy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which harley to buy

I originally wanted a softail cause I love the way they look then I started reading things about how good the dynas handling is and is a lighter bike not to mention cheaper but if I could get a softail for the right price I would probably still take that

Oh sure, a Dyna is a lighter, sportier bike but the 15% of the time your fiance is along, I think she'd like one of the other two choices.

Lol true she probably wants a bike the is comfy she loved my vulcan compared to my ninja

If this is going to be your first marriage, let me throw a piece of advice at you:

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!!

:lolrolling

If you're riding a 1500 Vulcan now then to would probably be better off with a softtail deluxe or road king. My.02.:)

Lol I belive that haha that's why I told her she could have the wedding money for what ever she wants as long as I can get a bike since I sold my vulcan and put some of it in the bank for the wedding

If you're riding a 1500 Vulcan now then to would probably be better off with a softtail deluxe or road king. My.02.:)

While I did like my vulcan I want more of a sport cruiser something maybe sleaker is what I want to say as long as it's not uncomfortable it doesn't need to be a Cadillac on two wheels

2 words for you..... Heritage Softail. Very sexy looking bike, handles great, and the wife will love riding on it. Get her the passenger footboards instead of pegs. More comfy for her. Quick release windshield if u just want to ride around town. Nice saddle bags for weekend getaways. I had one for over 4 years and loved it. Traded it in recently on my Ultra Limited and while I love my new ride, I still miss the old Heritage. Ok, that was much more than 2 words, but you get the idea.....
Good luck with your decision and marriage in general :D

Hi timd, welcome to the best forum out there. I started out my street riding on a Honda CB750 chopped front end, then moved to an 83 Goldwing which I loved for long trips and liked less for the other 90% of my riding. Did some time on a 2005 Honda Shadow and then made the plunge to my current 08 Softail. Got to tell ya, I have ridden some other Harleys (Ultra, RoadKing...) and, for me, the Softail was the best fit. I really liked the 05 RoadKing but for slow manuevers, the wheel felt heavy. The ultra was an older model and it vibrated so bad my wife was determined to never get on another Harley, but she absolutely loves the Softail. Likes the look and the ride. We will be getting a better pillon seat in the near future, but she has no other complaints.

Look at the choices you are set on, sit on them, test ride them, and by all means get some down and dirty opinions. I would look at the self help tips in here for the models you are considering so you can see what some of the common issues are with each bike type.

I have done all the maintenance on my bike and I am a horrible mechanic. The softail is fairly easy to work on and to learn on. Good luck and have a great time in this process. Either way, your getting a Harley...:s

Back