free website stats program which fuel management,air cleaner for FXD | Harley Davidson Forums

which fuel management,air cleaner for FXD

noble

Account Removed
Im looking for a good but not break the bank fuel adder and air cleaner for 07 FXD,I want a new air cleaner i have big radious 2-2 pipes and i hear you need a fuel managment system due to running lean.I dont wanna race or anything just want a diff. air cleaner.Any suggestions? thanks

Im looking for a good but not break the bank fuel adder and air cleaner for 07 FXD,I want a new air cleaner i have big radious 2-2 pipes and i hear you need a fuel managment system due to running lean.I dont wanna race or anything just want a diff. air cleaner.Any suggestions? thanks

For fuel - go w/Dobeck TFI by Techlusion: EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

For filter - go w/K&N: K&N High Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters, & Air Intakes - Official K&N Engineering Site

Both are good/economical & have gr8 customer support.

ok! thanks for the info,by the way did I mention that i freekin love this site?? Hey I frekin love this site!!! Joe

I put the Dobeck TFI on my '06 Lowrider and went with the Screaming Eagle Ventilator for the air filter. It is a newer style filter that comes in either chrome or black. It has a flat profile that doesn't interfere with your right knee. You can see a picture on the HD website.

YOU have the exact bike a friend had me order a TFI for but already had a scrm'n eagle in place.... I sent you a private msg about the NEW TFI unit I have..

I installed a TFI on MY 09 FLHR and GLAD I didn't go with a different unit... especially harleys down-load and $$$$$ for the dyno tune...

MANY on this site have installed the TFI and are VERY HAPPY with the performance it offers and the EASY-NESS of install...

There are other units out there that will work but MOST not for the price of the TFI nor how well it works and easy to install....

signed....BUBBIE

I put a K&N filter and SE mufflers on my '06 fxdci without mapping or a fuel mgmt add on. All I experienced different was a mild popping on strong decel. Power was a bit better but I'm sure a fuel mgmt component such as V & H or many others would be even better. The V&H item goes for around $250 and the K&N filter for about $60-80

ok! thanks for the info,by the way did I mention that i freekin love this site?? Hey I frekin love this site!!! Joe

Noble, one other advantage with TFI, the air cleaner, and to complete Stage I, slip-on mufflers is that you can do all the work yourself AND not stress your engine with couple dozen Dyno runs and such. Keep in touch and there are plenty of fellow riders here to help. :s

Back