free website stats program which exhaust to get??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

which exhaust to get???

Yo...on the subject i would like the same for my new Nightster. I have done some looking around but there is so much disinformation on the subject. I like the looks of my pipes but want more throaty sound and performance w/o spending a fortune. IDEAS??:confused:

Finally ordered the VANCE & HINES HS SLIP-ONS. I will get them next week. They seem to be the best bang for the buck and I got them for $50.00 less on-line than most places. CAN'T WAIT!!!:D

Just a note to you all concerning whatever pipes you decide on - check frequently the end caps that come with the pipes and are put on - whether by the dealer or yourself. I had V&H big shot longs put on by the dealer at the time of sale. Took my ride in for its 1000 mile service at which time they are supposed to check the tightness on all the bolts, screws and nuts. Guess what - they didn't check the set screws on the pipes end caps. Yep - you guessed it - one screw worked its way out and the cap came off somewhere on the road. I was lucky in that Dennis Kirk had a set of replacement caps but at $60.00usd, that can get expensive real quick. When I put the new cap on I saturated the screw with Locktite Red so hopefully it will take a jackhammer to get it off now. Just a heads up all.

Don't you know it! I've learned to Locktite all parts I install or re-install. I just got Trixie back from her service and the technician neglected to tighten all the derby cover bolts and I found one missing the next morning. No biggie 'cause I ordered a new one when I was there and will Locktite that puppy myself when it arrives tommorrow and "I" install it.:s

If you don't have loctite you can use fingernail polish in a pinch. I have done it and it works quite well. Ride Safe Doug

Don't you know it! I've learned to Locktite all parts I install or re-install. I just got Trixie back from her service and the technician neglected to tighten all the derby cover bolts and I found one missing the next morning. No biggie 'cause I ordered a new one when I was there and will Locktite that puppy myself when it arrives tommorrow and "I" install it.:s

Wouldn't advise any locktite on the derby cover bolts, just torque them and you will be OK. They have a tendency to become difficult to remove with locktite and often strip the heads when you try to remove them.

I only use a slight bit of "blue" on that type of part, but I'll try it without on this piece. By the way...installed my V&H HS slip ons a few days ago. They wake up the sleepy and sound like thunder, but now I need to richen up my fuel mixture.

Attn: GLIDER

V&H seems to have the right fuel management solution for me. My problem is AIR. I do not want to use "screamin eagle" but do expect to use K&N. Finding choices for the 2007 Nightster/Sportster models is slim to none. I don't want to spend a ___load of money, just stop the popcorn and feed the injectors the optimum fuel without frying my valves etc.

ADVICE??:wall

I only use a slight bit of "blue" on that type of part, but I'll try it without on this piece. By the way...installed my V&H HS slip ons a few days ago. They wake up the sleepy and sound like thunder, but now I need to richen up my fuel mixture.

Attn: GLIDER

V&H seems to have the right fuel management solution for me. My problem is AIR. I do not want to use "screamin eagle" but do expect to use K&N. Finding choices for the 2007 Nightster/Sportster models is slim to none. I don't want to spend a ___load of money, just stop the popcorn and feed the injectors the optimum fuel without frying my valves etc.

ADVICE??:wall

You would have to check fitments for the 07 bikes. Some on line pages have not been updated for the 07 bikes yet.

Eastern Performance Harley Motorcycle Parts Accessories

Sportster PowerPaccDoherty Machine

You can also order the breakdown parts for the HD stage 1 kit from the HD dealer for your bike with individual numbers that make up the kit minus the paper filter and order a K&N to add to these parts. The dealer has breakdown diagrams for the individual parts and it comes out cheaper as well and you get the K&N instead of the paper filter. You can get a chrome, black or natural finish back plate as well. I have the breakdown parts list for twin cams and only one for an older Sportster. Don't know if this will fit your model, but you can see what I am referring to with ordering the part numbers from it and getting the K&N separately. I realize this sheet is for an older XLH but I wanted to show you the proceedure for doing it this way if you were interested.

Stage 1 - 4 Sporty.pdf

Attachments

• Stage%201%20-%204%20Sporty.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a 2007 Streetglide that I had true duels with Thunderheader muffers and am running a power commander and love it all. Great sound and the power I want toward the mid to upper range, great for the highway and didn't hurt any of the in town driving. I love the sound of the Thunderheadersa over the Vance & Hienes that everyone else has. The Thunders are a lot deeper tone, not so pingy sounding.

The outcome is...K&N HD-8834 High Flow filter and the V&H Fuelpak. Should be here Thur. just in time to install before our night ride up to the Sierras for a weekend M/M event. Rode in a H/A event last weekend and she ran great, but still need more air and fuel especially when she's cold. One of my ridemates has a '99 Sporty and he can't wait to get rid of his SE pipes and install the V&H HS. Let ya know how it goes next week when we get back.

Thanx for the info GLIDER.

Back