free website stats program Which Dyna for my wife? | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Dyna for my wife?

Ozoneman

My wife first looked at Sportsters and now she thinks she wants a Dyna Low Rider or Street Bob. She wants to ride with me and my Ultra around the State on weekends. Both sit low so either will probably fit her. The Street Bob is more affordable though. What do you get on the Low Rider that is worth $2,000 more?

Is there anything anyone can say that will help me decide between the two?

I don't know if it's worth 2 grand but with the low rider you get more paint options alloy wheels ,tach,Black motor, and a bit more chrome. This is only my opinion but I like the low rider because of the history, Being a model thats been around for a bit means something. Not to take away from the Street bob in any way. It's a great bike thats easy to ride.The black motor on the low Rider is easier to keep clean too. oil stains on the silver are hard to avoid.

For what it's worth... I am a long time rider and Harley owner. My son had a really bad motorcycle crash about 10 years ago and my wife wanted us all to stop riding. Two years ago we started riding with some friends we play golf with.. they each ride their own. My wife rode behind me and all of a sudden she decided that she wanted her own because the couple we were riding with each rode their own bikes. She took the Rider's Edge 4 day course and first got the motorcycle learner permit and then her endorsement. She also thought about the Sportster and after much discussion she ended up getting the Softail Deluxe and loves to ride any time I bring it up. We ride a lot of long trips... 2000-4000 miles and she cruises down the interstate at 75/80 and says that is the part she likes best. She is only 5'4" and 115 lbs soaking wet. The only thing we did was put a Harley Davidson reach seat and it fits her perfect. The Deluxe has a very low center of gravity and the reach seat makes a perfect fit for her. In 18 months she has over 15,000 miles on her bike and asked me every week-end can we ride....

streetbob put what you save to the next bike or extras on yours :) the streetbob is a lovely bike

Low Rider....Low Rider...Low Rider..hehe...I am biased like Hobbit....I got my Low Rider about a month ago. I would suggest she stay away from the Sportster as it is top heavy and not as comfortable as a dyna on long trips. I found the Low Rider much easier to ride, especially in slow tight turns. Don't know how the Street Bob handles as I have not ridden on one. But the Low Rider....well..it's a LOW RIDER...like Tigg said...it has history. JMHO.
JP

Did all the Dyna models change in 2006? How much of an issue is the pre-2006 vs. 2006 and later models?

they changed in 06 have you looked at the superglide my favourite same footrest setup as sportster

I found a 2006 Street Bob for a good price. It has a lot of extras on it already too. Cobalt blue and about 5000 miles on it. Just need to talk to the guy one last time...

Back