free website stats program which cam? | Harley Davidson Forums

which cam?

I ran the EV27 in my stage 3 1997 Heritage and it was a great low to mid cam but it was tough on starters. EV46 is a good cam for EVO's as well.

Re: which cam? please give input

Does any else have a sudjustion on these cams I was compareing specs and the SE-57 looks bigger.

Does any else have a sudjustion on these cams I was compareing specs and the SE-57 looks bigger.
========================================================
With cams bigger is not always better, especially with a heavy bike like yours. You want low end, maybe even a EV3, the two suggested above are good cams.

========================================================
With cams bigger is not always better, especially with a heavy bike like yours. You want low end, maybe even a EV3, the two suggested above are good cams.

I have a EV-13 in it now I just looking for more it dynos at 71/71

Glenn

I have a EV-13 in it now I just looking for more it dynos at 71/71
Glenn[/QUOTE
=====================================================
Glenn; No matter what cam you choose, it's not going to give you a lot more performance than what you have now. The quest for horsepower/torque is an expensive addiction. The first few horsepower are cheap (pipes, air filter), the next few cost more (cams, carbs). Each hp costs a lot more than the previous one. In order to make a bigger cam work, you have to open your heads, then increase compression, and on and on. And, all of this work/parts has to be compatible, or you lose power. :newsmile011:

1991 FLHS .010 with 8:5.1 ,Mikuni HSR42, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe HS 2 in 1, Dyna 2Ki-5P, with a EV-13 Cam heads stock with new vavle and 3 angle vavle job

I want to go to screaming eagle heads w/ 10.5:1 pistons and SE-57 cam. Just looking at other cam,piston choices to see if this make since for perfermace or cost one way or the other. I know there are other ways to make my heads do the same perfromace or better, But I like the Screaming Eagle look. Just me In September I took it to the strip and pulled mid 11: my first runs on a strip. (was a ton of fun)

Glenn

1991 FLHS .010 with 8:5.1 ,Mikuni HSR42, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe HS 2 in 1, Dyna 2Ki-5P, with a EV-13 Cam heads stock with new vavle and 3 angle vavle job

I want to go to screaming eagle heads w/ 10.5:1 pistons and SE-57 cam. Just looking at other cam,piston choices to see if this make since for perfermace or cost one way or the other. I know there are other ways to make my heads do the same perfromace or better, But I like the Screaming Eagle look. Just me In September I took it to the strip and pulled mid 11: my first runs on a strip. (was a ton of fun)

Glenn

Was that 1/8 mile? That would convert to aprox. 16 sec. 1/4 mile, which would be about right for a FLH with stock heads and first timer launches and shifting. If it was 1/4 mile, all I can say is Unbelieveable!

Back