free website stats program Which Bike should I buy ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Bike should I buy ?

You better juice the engine on the King. I have ridden one and I would make sure you at least get stage 1 done minimal.

Your opinion only. Stock bike has plenty of power for normal use, including 2 up touring.

If you're the type that has to beat everyone to the next light, perhaps the full stage 1 is in order. If that's you, maybe the RK isn't the right choice of bike.

Glider good morning. What is your personal opinion of the Road King Custom?

The custom is another nice bike and differs from the other RK's in the line up with the lower suspension and the lack of chrome and different trim, other than that it's a good ride.

I think if you spent a day on all of the models you could summarize it for yourself.
I have a friend that works for the motor company so I had this opportunity and although I really liked the looks of the softails & dynas there is nothing better than the comfort and highway stability of the dresser line especially for 2009. I think you will find that the RK will feel big but balance better than the sporty. Its not as nimble or Quick but much more pleasurable on the road and that is what we do with them, ride em on the road.
In the end it is all your call but try the Softie & RK back to back. You will be amazed in the difference.

Glider, sorry to bust your chops on this, but do you have any idea why they stopped making them. A rumour was that they are not good bikes, and were letting the Harley name down. I confess I have had the bike for nearly a year and really had no problems.

Glider, sorry to bust your chops on this, but do you have any idea why they stopped making them. A rumour was that they are not good bikes, and were letting the Harley name down. I confess I have had the bike for nearly a year and really had no problems.

I suspect that they didn't sell as well as the RK classic and the standard RK. I've never heard that they weren't good bikes. Pretty much all Harleys have some shortcomings but the custom wasn't a problem bike if that's what you mean.

Back