which 1200 conversion ?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by murf, Jun 25, 2014.

1. murf

murf Active Member

I am the proud new owner of a very nice '98 std 883 sporty. Am selling my '92 FXR ( listed in that forum ) and I know that I will want to "punch" the sporty to 1200 after I sell the FXR. I spoke to a local shop where I have had lots of work done and was told $1,000 - $1,200 using HD parts for a std job. No cam or anything. Don't think I'll need more than the basic kit to experience good power. Any thoughts on brand of kit or other hints/tips ?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

3. murf

murf Active Member

Thanks Jack, do you have any first or second hand knowledge of the quality of these kits ? I never heard the name before. I've heard of Zipper's and of course the stock HD conversions.

4. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

About May or June last year I place one of Hammer's 1250 kits in a friends 883 '05 XL. He had them size the pistons, rings, etc.. He also went with there recommendation on the Ign. module and carb. jetting. He was very pleased with the quality and fitment of the parts. It really Woke up the 883. It was for his son's bike, he does like to Twist the Wick.
    Over all they were both very pleased and haven't had any problems in about 8K-10K miles.
    tourbx

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Zippers is another good choice, I have known folks that have used both with great results