free website stats program Where's the Buells? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where's the Buells?

Baggh

Hey.. Hobbit\ Glider\ others... is there not a Buell Forum on this site? I've been on here for about 6 months... ever since I got my Sporty and I really enjoy visiting, reading, learning, and chiming in.

Is there or could we get a Buell Forum? I'm not totally in the know with the Harley etiquette but the guys at the dealer assured me that being on a Buell wouldn't exclude me from any Harley events or... forums :) Even though its a Sport Bike its still basically a Sportster on roids (and then some) :)

thanks

Hehehe, my nephew is wanting a buell. He said it would be the best of both worlds for him, I think he used the words 'sportster on steroids' too. I do have him looking at the forum some now, hopefully a little more now that he is home for a bit.

I already covered that with him. Actually, he got all that info when I was talking about riding to OK for his graduation. He was checking to see what I had to do if I was going to be riding on base. But, now he's looking at a night train, which I like much better. :D Thanks Smitty, I'll send you a message when I find out more about what he does next.

Just what I need--another forum to get addicted to! I make a living with Harley's, but my heart's with Buell... I'm on my second one, having traded a 2003 Firebolt for a 2002 X1.

Just what I need--another forum to get addicted to! I make a living with Harley's, but my heart's with Buell... I'm on my second one, having traded a 2003 Firebolt for a 2002 X1.

I know I am an earthbound Sporty rider, but I had two questions...

1) WBR, what made you get the 2002 X1 instead of having two Buells in your stable? :p

2) Have you all seen the new 2009 Buell's with the semi transparent tank cover and the new fairing designs? They looked awesome...! :small3d026:

Yep... I've seen them.. they're awesome. I also noticed that all the ones I have seen are basically Buell Nightsers... everything is blacked out... including the engine. I totally dig the look but I have to admit its prob a bit much for my tastes. Everything but the engine being blacked out would have been awesome in my book. The slick gray with light brown accents looks very classy\sporty.

Anyone know if the blacked out is the new look of all the 09's? Also noticed they dont make the XB12S anymore... not that I have seen anyway. all XB12Scg and XB12Ss now. Guess us XB12S owners are going to have even more unique bikes :)

Gotta admit though... if I had to do it all over again I would prob go with XB12Scg... so in '11 when I trade my current ride in thats they way I'm going. If Ican make it that long. The Buell is my 3rd bike in like 8 months... I have a "oh I want to try that one!" sickness... heh. So far though my Buell has kept the sickness in check :)

Hehehe, my nephew is wanting a buell. He said it would be the best of both worlds for him, I think he used the words 'sportster on steroids' too. I do have him looking at the forum some now, hopefully a little more now that he is home for a bit.

Really Man!!?? haha your nephew is awesome! he's nice.... cheer'em up man!

LOL, thanks Spike, the nephew is doing great. He has now fallen for a night train, but, I think I have talked him into not rushing into anything. :s I will keep you all posted.

Back