free website stats program Where were you on 9/11? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where were you on 9/11?

I was at work. Actually it was my second day back after being out for 3 months with a tibia plateau fracture. I was working on a telemetry system when the news broke. We spent the rest of the day glued to the TV in the break room watching the events. I hate say this, but, at the time I was working for the City of Delray Beach FL. It was the city where some of the hijacker were living during there time in the US. And just 2 months before the City was awarded with the title "All American City" for the second time. It was the first time any City had won the award for a second time. Kind of ironic.

Sitting on top of a 400 ton Carrier chiller. Trying to make it do something it wasn't designed to do....

In the break room of my former employer getting ready to get everyone up to hand out work assignments. I'll never forget that day or the Murrah Building bombing day.

Stopping a street attack against a homeless woman, perpetrated by a street youth who needed to learn a bit of respect for, as he called me, an "old man." I was late for work that morning, but I was in time to join everyone else in the conference room, arriving at the time that the 2nd tower was hit. It was a fairly surreal morning.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I was an hour out of Amsterdam headed home to Venezuela on break from Saudi Arabia. Pilot didnt tell us until the wheels hit the ground in Caracas said he knew we would understand

She called me at home, I was redoing the kitchen cabinets, I had the Stereo on and had No clue

Back