free website stats program Where to train in San Antonio Texas . . . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where to train in San Antonio Texas . . .

In the state of texas all new M/C applicants must take a safety course in order to get a M/C endorsement and pass a written exam. My question would be whether or not part of the class is covering the exam,then if it were me I would go with the cheapest and most conveinent ,caliente has a good reputation youll love san tone half hour north or west is some of the best riding in the state and you can ride all year...

Just for the sake of accuracy, taking the MSF course allows you to bypass the driving test, it's not mandatory to get your "M" endorsement....that said it is highly reccommended!

Motorcycle License
Requirements for All Applicants
All first time applicants for a Texas motorcycle license must:

1. Apply in person at a Texas Driver License office.
2. Complete the requirements for an original applicant.
3. Present a completion certificate of the Motorcycle Safety Course (MSB-8 or MSB-8R), approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. This completion certificate waives the driving test if you are 18 years of age or older.

TxDPS - Motorcycle License

Just for the sake of accuracy, taking the MSF course allows you to bypass the driving test, it's not mandatory to get your "M" endorsement....that said it is highly reccommended!

Motorcycle License
Requirements for All Applicants
All first time applicants for a Texas motorcycle license must:

1. Apply in person at a Texas Driver License office.
2. Complete the requirements for an original applicant.
3. Present a completion certificate of the Motorcycle Safety Course (MSB-8 or MSB-8R), approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. This completion certificate waives the driving test if you are 18 years of age or older.

TxDPS - Motorcycle License

Don't know if it's exactly that way here in Fl. but you don't have to take the driving test. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Don't know if it's exactly that way here in Fl. but you don't have to take the driving test. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Yup - thats what I'll be doing in San Antonio . . . I left a message with someone who is head of training @ Caliente H-D in San Antonio . . . no response yet . . . hopefully we'll I get my bike on the the way soon and reserve a spot in one of their training courses. The MSF lists them as an authorized training organization . . . good stuff.:bigsmiley8:
Thanks - Mark!

Hey gas gauge I may be misinformed but I thought the requirements for a liscense changed when they amended the helmet law.Remember we used to buy that sticker from dps you put on your plate? That is no longer needed to ride with out a helmet I thought the compromise was everyone now had to take the course to get a M/C endorsement,I may be misleading some people..out to the web to do some research...Tom..

Yes that was correct,persons under 18 must take the m/c course those 18 and over have the option.Over 21 you can ride without a helmet if you take the course or have a health plan that will cover injuries suffered during riding.also the sticker requirement has been eliminated a police officer is to assume a person without a helmet is legal if they appear over 21...

Back