free website stats program Where to splice the wiring? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where to splice the wiring?

muttlange

Well Guys The old Bars are off and the new ones are goning this afternoon . ONE QUESTION where do I splice the Wires That I am Now Putting inside the Handle bars. Also Where Do I disconnect them From to run them? ( HARNESS END OR CONTROL END)?

Thanks and God Bless

Daniel

Easier to remove the wires from the harness end plug. Make sure to stagger the connections so they don't end up one on top of the other.

I totally agree with Glider,best to do it the right way.Go to deutschconnector.com,go to technical and how to for a little help. :s Ahhh, the internet make's life so much easier. :ap

Ooopppp'ssss,check the self help section first,Glider is on top of thing's and there is probably already a post there on this topic

take your time and do it right. splice the wires so they're spliced inside the bars and staggered. solder and heat shrink your splices. Make sure holes in the bars where the wires go in and come out are big enough and the edges are very smooth.

I talked to a service guy at a local dealship and he says not to splice, but to go into the harness pull out the connecters and re aply them just that i make sure I match them up.

I assumed you were going to a higher bar, that's why I said what I did. If it's the same size bars, then definitely don't cut the wires but go with disconnecting them from the plug and reinserting them again. Make a diagram of the wires first to get them back in the right position in the plug.

Well Everything is Back on the Bike And All Seems Well . Except One thing I noticed. While Riding say in 4th 5th or 6th gear, If say i'm traveling 50-55 mph for an example . If I gun it to Speed up the bike seems to slowly speed up in other words hesitate a little then BAM SPEED as if it's slipping some. What to do?

Well Everything is Back on the Bike And All Seems Well . Except One thing I noticed. While Riding say in 4th 5th or 6th gear, If say i'm traveling 50-55 mph for an example . If I gun it to Speed up the bike seems to slowly speed up in other words hesitate a little then BAM SPEED as if it's slipping some. What to do?

Not being a smart-aleck but I HOPE your not in 6th gear at 55 mph and try to make it "jump & run"!!!

Have you done anything else other than the bars?

Back