free website stats program Where to carry tool kit+necessities | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where to carry tool kit+necessities

I just carry a couple of tools in my leather jacket, a compact muti-tool with interchangeable tips and a baby pair of visegrips incase a cable breaks, oh yea and a masterlink stuck in my other pocket.

Sounds like an ex-enduro rider; I had sparkplug socket cut and welded to a rearwheel wrench duct taped to the frame.

Now I have a leather tool bag high on the forks, I didn't use the leather straps but stuck screw clamps inside a short piece of fuel line and chinched it up high & tight so it wouldn't touch the fender. I can post a photo if anyone wants to see.

Sounds like an ex-enduro rider; I had sparkplug socket cut and welded to a rearwheel wrench duct taped to the frame.

Now I have a leather tool bag high on the forks, I didn't use the leather straps but stuck screw clamps inside a short piece of fuel line and chinched it up high & tight so it wouldn't touch the fender. I can post a photo if anyone wants to see.

Post away, I don't want my fender scuffed!

Too funny! After posting this my wife came home with these, she picked them up at a flea market for $10.00

Attachments

• rollies pics 002.jpg
    rollies pics 002.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
  • rollies pics 003.jpg
    rollies pics 003.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 22
No problem...many do not like throwovers, but I do like I said earlier...for their simplicity, easy off/easy on use, security (yoke under seat -- just make sure there is protective film over the contact area of the fender to protect paint), and cost.

Don't forget to use "hoops" to keep them from fouling the chain/sprocket or wheels for safety first and to secure them from flapping around at speed.

I use old black rags (sox) under the yoke to protect the paint. Black is less noticeable. It's very important to use bag guards/hoops like Newhd74 said. A buddy of mine thought he didn't need them, and the wheel ruined one, in a short time. He was lucky it didn't get pulled into the wheel and jam.

the bags have lacings at each end and a nylon loop halfway along the bottom. I assume thats what they're for, don't know what to do do, might get a rack for the bobtail and a bag to bungee to it.

The nylon loops are probably for securing the bags to the metal HD loops you need that attach to the grab rails at the mounting locations below.

tn106s3.jpg

Back