Where to carry tool kit+necessities

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Big Rol, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Big Rol

Big Rol Active Member

Whats the favourite option for storage on a fxst when you don't need or want saddlebags?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I used a fork bag mounted low on my front frame tubes when I didn't have saddlebags on my Dyna. It's big enough for the tool kit and some first aid. I don't recommend putting one on the forks, I've seen too many scratched/rubbed fenders.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Fork bag for easy access on my Dyna

4. mrtn681

mrtn681 Active Member

I have an ugly T-bag that I use sometimes that comes off easly.Sometimes I just roll up chaps or jacket and bungee strap down.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I recently put on a fork bag, Leatherworks (this pix is from their website) only $65 at the HD dealer...just works!

[​IMG]

I have a windshield bag, but it is too small, but have been using the larger version fork bag on my Sporty out back...

[​IMG]

6. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Before i had bags on my bike i used a small backpack to carry any stuff

Brian

7. Big Rol

Big Rol Active Member

I've been reading some and wondering about a solo bag? Fork bag seems small. I like your saddlebags NEWHD, what kind are they?

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Big Rol, the bags are Leatherneck Jims, ordered throwover type for simplicity with studs and braided edges...

Leatherneck Jim's

[​IMG]

9. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I just carry a couple of tools in my leather jacket, a compact muti-tool with interchangeable tips and a baby pair of visegrips incase a cable breaks, oh yea and a masterlink stuck in my other pocket.

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Masterlink??? is that the gizmo that links your iphone to your gps and the ecm to the smart siren and the HK advanced audio system so you remember where the bike is parked? I seem to remember hearing about this "masterlink" thing a while back. :newsmile011: