free website stats program Where to carry tool kit+necessities | Harley Davidson Forums

Where to carry tool kit+necessities

Big Rol

Whats the favourite option for storage on a fxst when you don't need or want saddlebags?

I used a fork bag mounted low on my front frame tubes when I didn't have saddlebags on my Dyna. It's big enough for the tool kit and some first aid. I don't recommend putting one on the forks, I've seen too many scratched/rubbed fenders.

I have an ugly T-bag that I use sometimes that comes off easly.Sometimes I just roll up chaps or jacket and bungee strap down.

I recently put on a fork bag, Leatherworks (this pix is from their website) only $65 at the HD dealer...just works!

I have a windshield bag, but it is too small, but have been using the larger version fork bag on my Sporty out back...

2004XL1200RUpgrades9-9-09-1.jpg

Before i had bags on my bike i used a small backpack to carry any stuff

Brian

I've been reading some and wondering about a solo bag? Fork bag seems small. I like your saddlebags NEWHD, what kind are they?

I just carry a couple of tools in my leather jacket, a compact muti-tool with interchangeable tips and a baby pair of visegrips incase a cable breaks, oh yea and a masterlink stuck in my other pocket.

I just carry a couple of tools in my leather jacket, a compact muti-tool with interchangeable tips and a baby pair of visegrips incase a cable breaks, oh yea and a masterlink stuck in my other pocket.

Masterlink??? is that the gizmo that links your iphone to your gps and the ecm to the smart siren and the HK advanced audio system so you remember where the bike is parked? I seem to remember hearing about this "masterlink" thing a while back. :newsmile011:

Back