free website stats program Where to buy TC88 Cam Plate Upgrade? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where to buy TC88 Cam Plate Upgrade?

Slo-Ryd

Contributor
I've searched and read the white paper on the upgrade but can't seem to find the Screaming Eagle part # 25284-08 kit anywhere online. I tried Surdyke, Latus, New Castle etc. but all say item no longer available.

Too bad Herko no longer provides these kits..........wonder what happened there.

Just looking at options if my new bike hasn't already been done. has anyone recently done this using this kit?

Everything I see is Andrews or Fueling and is in the $700+ range.

Nevermind folks.......looks like it has been superceded by part # 25284-11.

TQuentin1 you may want to update your excellent info on the white paper if possible.

The Herko's kit was basically the same as the Andrews Products kit except that John added a bunch of additional items to his, and had optional stuff available so that you could make it a "one-stop" project. I really liked his kit. Made the project a breeze.

That price from Andrews sounds like it includes the cams too, so that is about right for the kit.

If you are just wanting to buy the plate itself (why?), the part number was:

25355-06

They may have suffix on it by now. And this was for a pre-'06/'07 TC. If you have a newer/larger displacement engine, it may be a different plate. Definitely the cams would be different (1" inner bearings).

TQ

I've searched and read the white paper on the upgrade but can't seem to find the Screaming Eagle part # 25284-08 kit anywhere online. I tried Surdyke, Latus, New Castle etc. but all say item no longer available.

Too bad Herko no longer provides these kits..........wonder what happened there.

Just looking at options if my new bike hasn't already been done. has anyone recently done this using this kit?

Everything I see is Andrews or Fueling and is in the $700+ range.

Harley Davidson 25284-11 Screamin' Eagle Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump Upgrade Kit Here

Thanks for the link jack. I started searching earlier for the new -11 part number and have now seen several sources for it.

T, I will do the entire kit if needed, not just the plate. May stick with the SE kit to avoid the need for cams at the moment.......but.....as we all know, we say all i'm gonna do is.....and then it spirals outta control with power upgrades and add-ons.

However, is there more flexibility in cam choices sticking with the SE kit for future cam changes?

I ask because the Andrews kit requires new cams to do the upgrade. Are you then only limited to Andrews cams because of a proprietary plate/cam journal diameter?

However, is there more flexibility in cam choices sticking with the SE kit for future cam changes?

I ask because the Andrews kit requires new cams to do the upgrade. Are you then only limited to Andrews cams because of a proprietary plate/cam journal diameter?

I went with the AP cams (21 grind) so I have not looked too hard at the other options. At AP, they had each grind available for the various plate/drive options. As an example, I can get the 21 grind for original style plate with the roller chain (21H), the journal bearing plate (roller chain conversion - 21N), and the gear drive option (21HG), chain drive for the TC88 (TW21), etc. I suspect most of the big camshaft makers do the same.

TQ

Cool.....looks like I have a little homework to do, if and when I see if I need the upgrade. Keeping my fingers crossed that one of the 2 PO's have already had it addressed.

I tried a link to your motor build and the page was all wonky and had no pictures.....could be my work pc here though, they like to block a lot of media sites or anything with streaming media. I'll try from home tonight.

Cool.....looks like I have a little homework to do, if and when I see if I need the upgrade. Keeping my fingers crossed that one of the 2 PO's have already had it addressed.

I tried a link to your motor build and the page was all wonky and had no pictures.....could be my work pc here though, they like to block a lot of media sites or anything with streaming media. I'll try from home tonight.

Al have a look here Cam plate swap - Harley Davidson Community

Still seems to work. But no auto screen show. So double click on the first slide (tools and kit), and then use right arrow on screen to page through the show.

TQ

TQ - because you have done this work already, I have a question for you. I read in the SE hydraulic cam chain upgrade kit - part # 25284-11 - "in addition, 02-06 models utilize a TC 96 single row front roller chain and sprocket - while the 99-01 models use Original Equipment front silent chain and sprocket" -- question - I have an 01 softail - does this mean I will NOT get a new cam chain and sprocket? question 2 - inside the cam case, is there an outside and inside cam chain, one you can see and one thats behind the cam plate that you can't see - meaning two chains? is only one replaced on 02-06 models and none replaced on 99-01 models??

Thanks
Bill

Back