Where to buy Spectro oil?

Discussion in 'Oil' started by Dr. Dolittle, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I've read some good things about Spectro transmission oil for the Harley 6 speed transmission. However, their website doesn't show a dealer within 100 miles of my zip code. Kind of hard to believe since I live just north of Atlanta. I didn't see anything on their website about ordering it direct from them either. Where do you folks get your Spectro oils???

2. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

I get mine from Laurel and Harley (which is sort of local to me.) Laurel & harley cycles

They are good folks and might ship to you if you can't find anythng more convenient.

3. SteveB

SteveB Member

Yes here in NC could only find one dealer remotely close...talk about a product that is hard to find....probably harder to get than Amsoil...There are 10 dealers within a 10 mile radius of me...

4. Twisted Grip

Twisted Grip Banned

DR. I will pm you with the local rep for Spectro in our area.
    Btw, Larenceville Honda has 3 bottles sitting on their shelf.:D

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

There ya go, now get over there and get a bottle.:D

6. Twisted Grip

Twisted Grip Banned

Way to go Smitty! I am going to talk to my dealer about that. The Honda dealer did not seem to "freindly" with me....and I stood around for some time before they even decided to acknowledge me...alot different then my local HD dealer... (maybe it was the HD T-Shirt I ws wearing?):D

7. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I just had my 5000 mile service and now have Spectro 6 in the tranny. What a difference it made. I got it at the dealer that did the service. Now if they would sart stocking some Mobil 1.

8. Twisted Grip

Twisted Grip Banned

Could be, but was not my intention....I just could not find my t-shirt from my 250r 3 wheeler days back in the 80's:p
    Maybe because i put on about 40lbs since back then, and it shrunk!
    I am going to visit my HD dealer and see if they will look into these products. they dont mind if you bring your own fluids, they will drop it in for you. But i do my own work. And would love to see their mark up on the fluids, Autozone sells M1 for $8.00 a quart...

9. Twisted Grip

Twisted Grip Banned

M1_Vtwin. There about 2 miles from the HD dealer and i think they figured that out, they stock a large amount of it. seems to me the HD dealer is missing out on some $$$. Keep the price competitive and they can gain some cash and probably sell some other items. You can have a "one stop" stop shop for us and make a little more $$

10. Twisted Grip

Twisted Grip Banned

Your right, I think we end up educating them on the products to stock.
    With the business i am in, I will sell a customer what ever they want to buy as long as it is not garbage and give them a bad return on performance and maintenance. I want them for life and not a one hit wonder..