free website stats program Where To Buy Salvage Title Bikes In Kansas City? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where To Buy Salvage Title Bikes In Kansas City?

Olympus

I'm looking for any information about people in the Kansas City Metro that sell salvage title bikes.

I've got a 2008 883 Custom with Short Shots and I really enjoy riding it to work (only about 6 miles), but I'm looking for something a little more my size, more comfortable, and something for longer rides. I'm 6' 1" and 225lbs and the Sporty is nice for running around town, but anything longer than an hour and my hip sockets start hurting and I'd really like an extra gear for speeds of 65+. I don't really have the cash for a clean title bike, but a friend of mine turned me on to salvage title bikes. He bought a salvage Night Train and he really likes it. I understand the salvage title is a slippery slope and you want to be really thorough when inspecting a bike like that. But I'm just starting my search and wondered if there were any shops or people in the Kansas City area that fixed up and resold salvage bikes or sold bikes that had some minor cosmetic blems for sale that I might be able to fix myself.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm looking for any information about people in the Kansas City Metro that sell salvage title bikes.

I've got a 2008 883 Custom with Short Shots and I really enjoy riding it to work (only about 6 miles), but I'm looking for something a little more my size, more comfortable, and something for longer rides. I'm 6' 1" and 225lbs and the Sporty is nice for running around town, but anything longer than an hour and my hip sockets start hurting and I'd really like an extra gear for speeds of 65+. I don't really have the cash for a clean title bike, but a friend of mine turned me on to salvage title bikes. He bought a salvage Night Train and he really likes it. I understand the salvage title is a slippery slope and you want to be really thorough when inspecting a bike like that. But I'm just starting my search and wondered if there were any shops or people in the Kansas City area that fixed up and resold salvage bikes or sold bikes that had some minor cosmetic blems for sale that I might be able to fix myself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Have you checked out Action Cycle Salvage @ 6410 Stadium Dr in KC Mo??

Have you checked out Action Cycle Salvage @ 6410 Stadium Dr in KC Mo??

I haven't, but I will now! Thanks!

I'm surprised that I haven't seen more salvage bikes in the area. I used to live in southeast Missouri and seemed like there a dozen different little used car lots were the owners would fix up a few salvage bikes and resell them. There used to be half a dozen guys that would do that on the side for some extra money too. But I'm about a 7 hour drive from those places and wanted to find some places within about an hour of the city that I could run out to and actually get to look the bike over myself. But I will definitely be checking out Action Cycle Salvage though.

Action Cycle was a no-go. Still looking for salvage title bikes in Kansas City area. Even looking for ones that have already been restored.

Copart ck it out. Ruined the salv business when they let the general public start bidding on salvage insurance vehicles. Just a friendly bit of advice(for what it's worth),a good used bike from an individual will cost you less. Unless you have salvage inventory (for parts) you will not save $$$. Years ago - Yes today -No. Good luck.

Copart ck it out. Ruined the salv business when they let the general public start bidding on salvage insurance vehicles. Just a friendly bit of advice(for what it's worth),a good used bike from an individual will cost you less. Unless you have salvage inventory (for parts) you will not save $$$. Years ago - Yes today -No. Good luck.

That's not what I'm seeing. I just missed a 06 Street Glide that was rebuilt my a small auto shop where I used to live that sold for $9000 with 8K miles. The same bike with a clean title from an individual is $12 to $13K locally. That's $3000 to $4000 difference, not small pennies to my wallet.

Sorry there Olympus,maybe I didn't state my thoughts correctly.I'm under the impression that he wanted to rebuild himself. Again,with things in the salv business being as they are,it's very,very easy to get underwater in a wrecked bike without other parted out machines around that have been "cleared out already". Not saying it can't be done. As for an 06 SG 8K miles for 3k to 4k less--probably very little $$ made for rebuilder. I could be wrong--just trying to help by suggesting caution here.

Here I go again-read your post wrong.Talking before thinking. I have no prob with rebuilds(if done right). Built totalled 98 FB myself and put on 40k with no regrets. Saved a lot,but had many parts. Just saying margins for the rebuilder have become very tight. That's most likely why it's hard to find what your looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked Crashedtoys.com? The sell salvaged bikes that have not been rebuilt yet. I don't know if there is a place in Kansas City, but there is one at Lake of the Ozarks - if you ever get down that way.

Best of luck.
Lucy

Back