free website stats program Where is neutral? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where is neutral?

Curveball

Banned
Hey people,

Been ridin Harley's for 11 years, heel toe shifters (6 speed) for 5 and havin a heck of a time findin neutral on my new '11 Ultra.
I'm hopin that everything's just a little tight.
Any suggestions?

PDI on bike not correct? Check the clutch adjustment COLD and like The Boss said change the lube:s

+2 on the Spectro oil. Pricey but worth it.

Geez,
I bet you have been using it to lube those Potatoes before they go into the swamp EH..
The first break-in miles until 1000 will afford a tighter area in the shifter to tyranny and the Neutral position hard to find..

I would be looking at changing ALL the fluid at the 1000 mile time (my self) and get the GOOD stuff in,,,,,, Like suggested,,,, Mine is Redline Products...

I also would adjust the clutch, using the 1/2 turn out on clutch pack (cold) and adjust the cable to 1/16 - 1/8 max at handlebar ferrel..

Should find neutral easier after clutch is adjusted PROPERLY at that time and with increased miles on the bike.

BOTH spectro and REDLINE are fine products :tounge Just My Oil Is Better Than Their Oil..

signed....BUBBIE

When I installed the SE 6-spd on my '03 UC, I had a flacky neutral light that would be blinky or not even on when the tranny warmed up. The neutral switch on that tranny (like the OEM 5-spd) is on the top cover. I just had to cut down an open end wrench so I could tighten up the switch a wee bit. Solved that problem!!

TQ

After changing trans oil to a good quality oil you will not believe the ease of over all shifting especially finding neutral.

Back