Where is neutral?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Curveball, May 31, 2011.

1. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Hey people,

Been ridin Harley's for 11 years, heel toe shifters (6 speed) for 5 and havin a heck of a time findin neutral on my new '11 Ultra.
    I'm hopin that everything's just a little tight.
    Any suggestions?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

PDI on bike not correct? Check the clutch adjustment COLD and like The Boss said change the lube:s

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

+1 on the Spectro and you will never go back.

5. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

+2 on the Spectro oil. Pricey but worth it.

6. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Geez,
    I bet you have been using it to lube those Potatoes before they go into the swamp EH..
    The first break-in miles until 1000 will afford a tighter area in the shifter to tyranny and the Neutral position hard to find..

I would be looking at changing ALL the fluid at the 1000 mile time (my self) and get the GOOD stuff in,,,,,, Like suggested,,,, Mine is Redline Products...

I also would adjust the clutch, using the 1/2 turn out on clutch pack (cold) and adjust the cable to 1/16 - 1/8 max at handlebar ferrel..

Should find neutral easier after clutch is adjusted PROPERLY at that time and with increased miles on the bike.

BOTH spectro and REDLINE are fine products :tounge Just My Oil Is Better Than Their Oil..

signed....BUBBIE

7. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

When I installed the SE 6-spd on my '03 UC, I had a flacky neutral light that would be blinky or not even on when the tranny warmed up. The neutral switch on that tranny (like the OEM 5-spd) is on the top cover. I just had to cut down an open end wrench so I could tighten up the switch a wee bit. Solved that problem!!

TQ

8. efmccormack

efmccormack New Member

I was too embarrased and thought it was just me. I am having the same issue with my 2011 Road King

9. N8 Dogg

N8 Dogg Member

+1 on Redline. Keeps everything cooler and smother...

N8 Dogg

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

After changing trans oil to a good quality oil you will not believe the ease of over all shifting especially finding neutral.