free website stats program Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going?

How did I not think of that?!?!!? I have tons of those things laying around from all the pistols I've bought! That'll work great. Thanks!
I am so paranoid that I use two padlocks to go in the front & rear discs, positioned so you cannot move the bike more than an inch front or back. The one in front has a small cable that I feed into the helmet D-ring and being bright, acts as a reminder so you don't try to move the bike with them in place after you return!

Way back when I first started riding in 1981 I had a $300 Arai full face (big change back then), on my 5 month new Yamaha 550 Maxim left mirror "--for just for a moment". It was on a Sunday and two thieves ran and grabbed it while I was in the store, I gave chase but they were gone and ended up riding 200 miles without a helmet/face shield in from Barstow (desert and sand)!

I always leave mine in a pile of junk in a back room in my house.
Maybe you're too young to do that? Safest place for it.

So far we hang them on the handle bars or brake pedal and backrest.

I should probably carry them with us when away from the bike for any length of time.

Picked the bike up yesterday. Went out to eat and the daughter drove her car, put the helmets --mine & wife's on the back seat. Haven't gone anywhere yet to have to leave helmets. Prob take them with me til I find a way to lock them up. I'm watching this one. Haven't read all the posts yet. Tracy

If you want to keep you helmet free of scuffs and knicks...just sit it on the ground next to your cycle in the position it is in when you are wearing it. The down side of this is a bug can crawl in it. You will not know this until have put the helmet back on and the bug wakes up and decides to you this....:bigsmiley20:"let me out...let me out...let me out..."this will happen when you are on the Interstate doing about 75 with a bunch of 18 wheelers around you...:)

Most times I take the helmet with me. It cost too much to risk it. But, if I am where I can keep an eye on the bike, like a McD's, I will hang it on the right handle bar.

On the Ultra, I lock it in the tour pak. If I'm in a friendly place on the FXR, I hang it off the right highway peg - a little less obvious than the handlebar. If I'm just running into a convenience store, I keep the helmet and glasses on. When the clerk looks at me strangely, I just say "What?"

Back