free website stats program Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going?

I like to hang my helmet on my foot peg that way if the wind kicks up my helmet isnt banging on my fuel tank

I usually just hang it from the right handle bar with gloves inside. If I am concerned with the surroundings I just bring em in with me...

Thought I'd revive this string. One place NOT to put the helmet is on the ground next to the bike at Chics by the Sea in West Haven, CT. We were up there on a chapter ride today and when we got back to bike, my wife and my Shoei helmets had been lifted. A couple of the guys in our chapter are very large and you definitely don't want to cross them. Let's just say that if we had run into those helmets on someones' heads, those heads might not still be attached!

I carry a small padlock and lock the D-ring to the mirror or cables. I was trying to figure out what to do with my jacket because if I'm riding to work I like the armor in the jacket. Remembered I had a 3 foot cable that I use to lock my deer tree stand to the tree. I can run the cable through one arm of the jacket and lock the jacket and helmet to the rear shock with the jacket lying on the seat.

Depending on where I am depends on if I leave it on my bike or not. If it stays on the bike I either put it on the back rest or the right side of the handle bars.

I guess I have been lucky. No matter where I go i just tuck the straps and gloves inside and set it on the back seat. Knock on Wood. If i am somewhere I know I am going to be away for a while it goes in the tourpack but that is not very often.

I take the strap that has the d ring, and slide it beneathe the partially opened left saddle bag on the road king.... then I close and lock the saddlebag.

If someone really wants it, they are gona take it (and probably screw up the saddlebag... but it keeps the "mostly" honest people from even thinking about taking it.

It depends on what helmet I am using at the time. If I am using my cheap non-DOT helmet I just leave it the seat, however if I am using either of my more expensive DOT helmets I always take it with me. My full face was $400 and I really don’t want to have to pay that again.

I still like my handle bar locks by kuryakyn. Relatively cheap, (@ $40) and you can put one on each side. I think it is called a Kewlock or something, but I am pretty sure you have to have the Iso Grips too.

Back