free website stats program Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
As I ride around my neighborhood more often on my 1st bike, I've thought of a question for when I get around to actually going places on my bike. For those of you who wear helmets, where do you put it when you get where you're going? (Into a mall or store for example).

Do you take it with you, or leave it with the bike and hope no one steals it?

Thanks
Dave

If you have saddle bags, put your helmet there and lock them, if you don't have saddle bags,take the helmet with you.

One more of hundreds of reasons for me to ride a Ultra, lots of storage space.

Didn't want anything anywhere near that large for my first bike. The Sporty is great for me. Any helmet locks that will work well with the Sportster/full face helmet combo?

Didn't want anything anywhere near that large for my first bike. The Sporty is great for me. Any helmet locks that will work well with the Sportster/full face helmet combo?

The bad news is even if you lock up your helmet if someone wants it bad enough their going to cut the straps and take it. Then all they need is a heavy duty sewing machine to attach another strap. It sucks!

Last edited:
If I'm at a "biker friendly" location like a Harley dealer or a local establishment sponsoring a Bike Night with lots of other riders around, the helmet, gloves, and glasses go on the right handlebar. I know that's about $300 worth of goodies but I trust my brother and sister bikers. Any other location and everything comes in with me.

Depending on where I go to, Bike shops, restaurances.. my helmet and gloves are on the right handle bar, my helmet get locked when I'm at Walmart and unfamiliar locations.

Cub,rallys,or any bike gathering,helmet on my sissy bar or the bars,safe as houses,in fact,at the Bisley HOG rally, year before last,my mate fell asleep on the green,wallet,phone and goodie bag by his side,woke up 2 hours later,and all his stuff was still with him.I never feel more secure than when my brother (and sister)bikers are around.Anywheres else,I carry or stay with my stuff.

Same as above, if I have room in my saddlebag I put it there, unless I am at a friendly location, I leave it on the right hand grip. If I am in a hurry or bags are packed I carry it with me.

Ride safe brothers.

Back