free website stats program Where do you keep your registration ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you keep your registration ??

inside vest pocket.

In Europe, especially Eastern Europe, just not a good idea to keep documents
and vehicles together.
If they get the vehicle, they get papers that go with it;
too easy to send the vehicle away and reregister it in another country.. legally

inside vest pocket.

In Europe, especially Eastern Europe, just not a good idea to keep documents
and vehicles together.
If they get the vehicle, they get papers that go with it;
too easy to send the vehicle away and reregister it in another country.. legally

Good advice anywhere. I keep my reg, ins card etc on my person at all times. With the RG there is plenty of cubbies for small items tire gauge etc, but when I rode my 73 Sporty I had a fork bag to carry odds and ends in. Back in the day just about everyone had one of those cause the (expletive deleted) things broke down on a regular basis until you got all the original parts replaced, thank you AMF.

I keep the original registration in the Harley file and have a photo copy in the tourpak,I do this with all my vehicles. It is legal in Canada and the U.S. to produce a copy of the registration.

My Heritage Softail Classic has plenty of room for storage.I keep my registration in my windshield bag for easy access.

I keep mine in a zip lock bag, rolled up inside the bag of tools, which are rolled up & put in a leather bag that is on the bottom of my frame.

I keep my owner's manual and registration in a zip-lock bag that is kept in my saddle bag. I keep my sunglasses, garage door opener, and Allen/Torques wrenches in my windshield bag.

I agree that the Heritage has lots of room for storage and have learned to keep rain gear in my saddle bags.

Registration, drivers license and insurance cards in my wallet. Everywhere I go my wallet goes so I never have to make sure I have the important papers. Garage door and neighborhood gate opener in my windshield bag along with chap stick and an ink pen and note paper. In my saddle bags I keep a tool kit, rain suit and lots of maps along with some small towels and bungee cords. The other saddle bag in empty and I take what ever is need at the time such as a jacket and baseball hat.

at home takes the office 6 seconds to run the numbers in most case they already have before they pull you over.

In Michigan you have to present the police officer the registration & proof of insurance when requested or you will get a ticket . I am not sure if they can tow for no registration but the bike or car will be towed for not having proof of insurance . Even if registration & proof of insurance is on the police computer it is still illegal not to have them with you . The insurance used to be a 72 hour fix it ticket if you could present proof that you had insurance @ the time you were stopped they would drop the fine , the state changed that law now you have to pay . I keep mine in my wallet .

Registration, Inspection Sticker, and Proof of Insurance in my wallet.

Last edited:
Back