free website stats program Where can you get Spectro oil?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can you get Spectro oil??

Spectro has my local HD here as a supplier and they won't even order it for me. They did say that if I brought it to them they would install it if I wanted them to do the oil change. :33:

Spectro has my local HD here as a supplier and they won't even order it for me. They did say that if I brought it to them they would install it if I wanted them to do the oil change. :33:

Find a new Dealership! Don't go back to the one in question, even for parts. Write a letter to the Owner telling them how dissatisfied you are with their Dealership and why you will not do business with them anymore. Tell ALL your friends, and complete strangers about your negative experience with that Dealership. WE have got to weed out this sort of Dealership by voting with our dollars. If it is just a bad Service Manager or Parts Manager, hopefully the Owner will take action and get back to you. But don't hold your breath.

Order everything you need on-line. Maintain your own bike using the Factory Service Manual for your model and year (order this on-line).

TQ

Last edited:
Excellent advice TQ. I agree with you there. Unless the owner knows what's going on, it's hard to fix.

All of the listed Spectro dealers in my area only carry the 6-speed lube, so placed an order with Bob's Cycle Supply yesterday. Ordered 2 qts of primary lube, 2 qts of 6-speed transmission lube, and 12 qts of the v-twin engine oil. All of it the full synthetic, and enough to service both bikes twice. Price was equal to or less than local dealer will order it for. Due to the amount, the shipping was free, and no tax since I do not live in Minnesota. Bob's made a believer out of me.

I also ordered from Bob's once and was very satisfied with the service but since then I have found a shop close that carries the 6 speed transmission for $15.00 so I'll be buying it there from now on.

Cycle Gear in Escondido and North County House of Motorcycles: both are Spectro dealers but both made me pay in advance to special order it. I will continue to use it though. Also, Cycle Gear gives me 15% military discount.

Back