Where can I find the insulation tubing for the wiring harness?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by sincityharley, Jul 5, 2011.

1. sincityharley

sincityharley Member

There is black insulation tubing covering the wiring harness underneath the tank on both sides. This is not heat shrink tubing. I had to cut mine away to search for an electrical issue. I would like to put a new one back but I cant seem to find any place online that sells that insulation tubing. Could anyone tell me where I might be able to find some?

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Are you talking about the corrugated plastic tubing that is split? If so, you should be able to pick it up at the auto parts store, Radio Shack, or someplace like that. Hope that helps.

Bodeen

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Or are you talking about the expandable polyester webbed sleeving that gets tighter/smaller if you pull on it (Chinese finger handcuff). That item is harder to find by the foot but can be obtained on 25' rolls from mail order companies such as Mouser Electronics. It's made by both Alpha Wire & Panduit if you want to search around.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

It's called convoluted tubing and is available at Home Depot amongst other places. It comes in dufferent sizes and it's not expensive at all.

[​IMG]

5. stray dog

stray dog Junior Member

Black Vinyl Wire Cover Tubing for Wire Harnesses

I found and bought vinyl tubing for redoing wire harnesses from here. They have different diameters and you can buy it by the foot. This is not the split stuff, you will need to take plugs apart and fish wires thru. It was a good transaction and I would recomend them.

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

When I redid the wiring on my 94FLSTC the guys at the Harley shop gave me enough to redo all that I had cut off.