free website stats program Where can I find hub width sizes | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can I find hub width sizes

Edric

I recently purchased a set of inverted forks (single disc) on eBay that appear to be for 2000 and up, at least thats the style caliper it uses. The axle is 3/4" and the dimension between the axle spacers is approx. 5 1/2". Does anyone know what model wheel uses a 5 1/2" wide hub or where I can find hub width specs for various models.

Of course it may just be a matter of changing the spacers but I thought I would ask since I haven't kept up with the later model specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently purchased a set of inverted forks (single disc) on eBay that appear to be for 2000 and up, at least thats the style caliper it uses. The axle is 3/4" and the dimension between the axle spacers is approx. 5 1/2". Does anyone know what model wheel uses a 5 1/2" wide hub or where I can find hub width specs for various models.

Of course it may just be a matter of changing the spacers but I thought I would ask since I haven't kept up with the later model specs.
==============================================
Edric; I just looked at about 15 pages of new front wheels in two different catalogs. They specify diameter and rim width only, I didn't see any mention of hub width. In the blurb it usually says something like " shims and spacers included" or "correct shims and spacers must be purchased". I take it they mean shims for correct disc placement and spacers for hub/lower alignment. I hope this helps.

I figure the spacers on the axle are for whatever model the forks were originally for. I'll just have to get the right spacers for the wheel finally I use. Thanks anyway

Back