free website stats program Where can I find a list of.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can I find a list of....

rayhawk

Hi All,
I am a new HD owner and loving it! My question is where can I find a crossover list of what body parts/ tanks, fenders will fit what bikes?

Thanks for your time
RayHawk

Years ago there was a book; "What Fits What on Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, 1936-1983 "

I don't think anyone has made a newer version. These things come from experience. What you could do is get together a bunch of catalogs and look at the different parts to see what range of models and years the different parts will fit.

There is a saying among the old timers. "You can make anything fit, some things just take more massaging". For example my old Softail had hard bags with early Chevy taillights molded in and a detachable bat wing fairing all from a mid 80s FLH. You won't find that in any cross reference book, so use your imagination and have a good time.

Welcome to HDT Rayhawk. Actually HD dealer has a list of parts book titles, and likely has the hard copy of the HD Parts Book one for your newer 2002 will be the magic $60 (same price as the HD service manual)...again the low budget method is to be real nice to the dealer and they will print out a PDF of the page that shows what you specifically need, especially with the promise you will be in again. But you might check here (this is for 2003 Softtail), which may be close to what you are looking for of specific items you need:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/12619-2003_softail_parts_manual.html

Hobbit, if I was the dealer you did so much business with all your new bikes, performance mods and upgrades, I would GIVE you the books, just have to be ready to DUCK...when the wife tries to throw them back at me...:newsmile01:

Were you inhaling the laughing gas of a test bike when making this decision or did it just come to you while riding your bike and twisting the throttle..."--wonder what would happen if I had a switch and light...right here..." :newsmile055:

***POOF *** Am I Awake?...Hobbit, your thoughts can travel clear across the pond, your scaring my wallet... :pelao

Back