free website stats program When you park, what do you do with your stuff? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

When you park, what do you do with your stuff?

I snap from the Ram Mount my GPS and put that in the Tour Pak in addition to my leather jacket/vest/gloves. My beat up old flat black helmet sits atop the Ram Mount. It makes a convienient helmet holder.
Here is an interesting aside that some may find alarming with regards to things getting stolen from their bikes. When I was up in Meredeth, New Hampshire this Spring at the HD dealership there the fellow behind the counter informed me that if I had an LCD Oil Dipstick I should remove it when I go to rallies and replace it with the stock stick because a lot of them have been getting stolen at biker events. I don't remove mine and so far so good. I always figure a man has got to be the lowest of the low to rip off a brethren biker.

I bought this a couple of years ago.

Kuryakyn Universal Helmet Lock RTI01

It's mounted on the right foot peg extension and is almost invisible.

I also carry a small cable lock from a ski shop that is used to lock skis
when you go into the lodge to warm up. I run it thru the sleeves of
my jacket and thru the luggage rack.

Gloves get stuck in my back pocket and glasses are usually on head anyway.

Like others have said, I have more trust in other bikers than I do of the
general public.

If at bike rally, leave all gear in tent,at biker venue/weekly meet leave it all on bike,if stop in town or out in countryside take everything with me,said before trust most bikers 99% but not everyone trustworthy.

DANNYMC, you got that rite,never even heard of anyone at at rally or bike meet getting thier kit boosted.When the public are about tho......thats a whole different ball game!!

DANNYMC, you got that rite,never even heard of anyone at at rally or bike meet getting thier kit boosted.When the public are about tho......thats a whole different ball game!!

Well, England may be different, but here in the states, bike rallies are prime sites for ripoffs. Frequently it's the whole bike. Nobody pays attention to someone fiddling with a bike in the middle of a whole line of bikes. There's a good reason why clubs leave a prospect in the parking lot to watch their bikes.

If I can I lock everything up, the current bike helps this with all of the storage space. I had a friend get his helmet stolen and had to buy a new one in the town we were in or he could not ride as the state we were in has a helmet law. These days I feel that things are different than they were even 10 years ago when you did not have to worry about this type of stuff. I worked for it, paid for it, and will do everything that I can to keep it.

Back