free website stats program When you park, what do you do with your stuff? | Harley Davidson Forums

When you park, what do you do with your stuff?

Whiterook

I see some riders just leave their helmet, gloves, even jacket on their bike when they go in somewhere. I had to go to Wal-Mart yesterday and just didn't feel good about leaving my helmet with my bike so I carried it in with me. Seems like your stuff would get stolen and pawn shops would be full of stolen helmets. Why do you think bikers don't get their stuff stolen? I haven't seen anyone talking about this. So what do you do with your stuff?

Helmet & gloves hang from bars almost always for short stops. Jacket pretty much the same. If it is a long stop, I will try to lock stuff up, depends on which scoot I'm on.

This has actually been discussed before. Most everyone follows a similar philosophy. If a short stop like a gas station or even a restaurant where you can sit by a window and see your bike, it's OK to leave stuff on the bike. Otherwise, only leave stuff on the bike if you're actually at some type of "bike event" or rally where the unwritten "biker's code" applies.

One of the things I've most enjoyed about adding my tour pack is that now I don't worry about this dilemma - everything goes in the pack and gets locked.

Depends on what cycle I'm on and where I park. Frankly with what all of these motorcycle items cost. I'm not taking any chances and will not tempt a crook.

Now I was wearing this older helmet the other day which I was thinking about replacing anyway, hence I just left it hang'in on my handle bar. But then I thought, gee if someone rips off my smelly old helmet I'll have to ride home without my brainbucket, and the thought of doing that DID bother me.
:s

I never leave my jacket. I will leave my helmet but that depends on where Im at. I either sit the helmet on the seat or on the ground. My gloves are under it.

Depends. Short stops with a group for a drinks or some food I usually leave the helmet and gloves hanging from the handle bars. I never leave my jacket.

If it is a longer stop or a location I'm concerned about I can lock my helmet to the bike, gloves in my bags.

I don't like to say it, but I'm probably less trusting than I used to be.

My helmet I put on the luggage rack and use a 1 foot long piece of cable and a pad lock to secure it. All other stuff glasses gloves and jacket stay with me or go in the hard bags when I have to go in to a store. Other bikers I trust more than non bikers, So at a biker hang out I wont lock my stuff up.

Pops

Helmet on/with the bike; the rest I take with me unless I am at an event that I feel my jacket, etc. is safe to leave unattended.

I just hang my helmet from the bars with my gloves in it. Never had one stolen........yet. My jacket goes with me though, unless I can put it in the saddle bag.

I keep a cable lock that was made to lock a pistol in my saddlebags in case I do need to lock up my helmet.

You can get one of the bicycle cable locks to lock down your helmet and jacket if you can't take it with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biker friendly establishments my helmet and gloves go on the seat. Jacket always locked up.

Walmart, malls, etc...everything locked up.

Back