free website stats program When was the 1" axle introduced? | Harley Davidson Forums

When was the 1" axle introduced?

karlsbike

Hi all
The tourers got the 1" rear axle for the '02 models.
Does anyone know when it was introduced on other models?

I am looking for a new 1" axle 16 x 3 rear cast wheel, and need to know what years to look for...

Karl; This does not seem as easy as I thought. I just looked online at J&P cycles catalog. It lists 1" for some 2006 and some 2007 Dyna series. A different 1" is listed for some 2008-2009 Softails, and some 2010-2011 Softails. Try looking at some online parts suppliers to figure out what will work for you.
I have an appointment right now, so I can't look more. Good luck

Hi all
The tourers got the 1" rear axle for the '02 models.
Does anyone know when it was introduced on other models?

I am looking for a new 1" axle 16 x 3 rear cast wheel, and need to know what years to look for...

Did a search for the 1" axle installation kits. Here is the info:

1" axle kits:

Front:

Fits '02-'07 VRSC™ models, '04-'07 Dyna® models (except '04-'05 FXDWG) and '00-'07 Touring models.

Rear:

Fits '02-'07 VRSC™ models, '05-'07 XL models, '06-'07 Dyna® models, and '02-'07 Touring models.

Watch out though

25mm axle kits:

25mm Axle - Rear

Fits '08-later Dyna® models.

25mm Axle - Rear

Fits '08-later Dyna® models.

Check out more here (from pg 771 on):

Harley Davidson Parts - Harley Motorcycle Parts - Page No 770

TQ

Thanks guys.
Yeah, I got confused after a couple of searches. I thought there might be some 'ultimate list' but your answers makes me understand that it is not that simple.
Btw, it's crazy that harley went 'Euro' on a size so close to 1" (1" equals 25.4mm!)
Adding complication further as some of the later models got wider rims/tyres as well...
I'll use your listings and search a bit to make a list - or I'll just give up and find myelf a '02-'07 touring wheel that I know fits for me.

Back