free website stats program When To Put On Rain Gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

When To Put On Rain Gear

Here in the Northwest of England were always likely to get rain,so first signs of rain or black clouds are a good time to cover-up,tried chasing that elusive patch of blue sky in the distance(ha ha)never seem to reach it!!,so better to be safe than sorry...

Here in the sunshine state it makes no difference...

We also try not to ride between 3:00 and 5:00 pm in the summer. That's prime rain time, clouds in the sky or not.

Wow...2 hour curfew in the middle of the afternoon...:no Hey your SledDog...whats a little rain? :devil :lolrolling

I wear a full face helmet and a cordura jacket most of the time i also always wear waterproof boots and have waterproof over trousers in the saddlebag
seems to be raining more each summer

Brian

I put mine on at the first drops of rain. To me the discomfort of being wet is greater than the inconvenience of putting it on or taking it off.

I'm with Breeze. I hate riding in the rain and getting wet, but if you put in enough miles, it's bound to happen. When it happens, I just skip my weekly bath to make up for it. :D If it looks like rain, I put them on.

It depends on where I am riding to. If I am on a long trip I want to stay dry so as soon as it starts to sprinkle I stop and done the rain gear. As a friend puts it, we can only afford the cheap rain suits. Ours don't dry us off after we get wet. If I'm on a local ride I'll get wet if it doesn't look too bad and I have less than 30 minutes left on the ride.

Once on I normally leave the rain gear on until the next fuel stop.

I got a lot of experience putting my raingear on/off this summer. Seems like all three of my tours were plagued with rain. If there is a blue spot and it looks like I'm heading for it, I'll try to squeeze through. Usually wind up getting wet when I do though. Find a safe spot to pull over and put it on, keep it on until I'm sure I'm out of it. I spent one whole day this spring in the rain gear watching the heavy stuff go all around me while I only saw sprinkles. That's okay, I stayed dry and warm. :small3d018:

Back