free website stats program When they find out you ride a motorcycle... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

When they find out you ride a motorcycle...

I had thought this thread would die,being morbid as it is, and I know I have commented on it once (walk away) but it is one of those threads that seem to have a life of it's own. So I will post this ,I have been administered last rites twice in my life ,once thought I had only a short time to live and NONE OF IT WAS CAUSED BY A MOTORCYCLE! Listen to me,don't think about mortality,think about now! And have fun with every day!:D

I would have told her, with a perfectly straight face (which I'm quite good at, btw), that she was absolutely right, and having died twice and been reincarnated, I could still remember the horror of both of my deaths. Then I would have gone into gory details of carnage until she finally walked away in horror and disgust. But that's just my strange sense of humor.

Folks like nothing better to preach about bad things and bikes are high on the bad list. If they don't understand why I ride I don't bother to explain and drop the subject.

I have watched my very sick and severly handicapped son die at a young age and it has taught me that life is for living, today is it, who knows about tommorow and I live my life to the fullest.My son would have given anything to be able to live his life to the fullest and enjoyed the most simple things that most people do not give a second thought to.
That would be my answer and is my answer to this question when I get asked....
:s

I agree with them, people die in motorcycle crashes. Then point out they die in car crashed, crossing the street and falling down stairs. Then point out that nothing makes you a better more defensive driver than riding a motorcycle. You really learn hot to watch out for the other guy but, sometimes, your number is just up.

I'd be willing that some of us old guys have all been close to death at least once in our life. Mine was a long time ago when I was supposedly diagnosed with a cancerous cyst on my lower back bone. I was told they would go in, take it out the best they could, but I was to get my personal business in order. The outlook seemed at the time very dim, I had two young children, loving wife and all depending on what they found.

However, it was not cancerous, but ended up taking out large chunk of my backbone and rerouted the muscles. I still have pain even today, but I'm alive and well. Scared me big time. So, long story short, learn from yesterday, live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. Every day in a chance for life, not death.
Ugly John

When I run in to this I normally tell them you have the right to your opinion
But if you never tried it you will never understand what I feel when I'm riding.
Then I finish with the best things in life are dangerous.

i usually just remind them that i dont ride a crotch rocket and go 95 on two lane roads...thats usually followed by an agreement

:worthymotor cycleing is not a crime its the same problem some think that because you ride a harley davidson you must be short of brain matter ah well this thicko will just keep on upsetting any one who takes that view

Back