free website stats program When is enough too much??? | Harley Davidson Forums

When is enough too much???

I replaced the oil bypass spring with a new one (HD) and installed a zippers shim kit . I am now seeing hot idle pressure no lower than 24 psi. which I like compared to the fluctuations I was seeing before. But, pressure climbs to around a steady 52 psi at cruise speeds. Is this excessive and if it is what's the downside of running this high of a pressure? I've emailed zippers but haven't heard anything back.

As far as I know Harley's are lubed and cooled by amount of oil flowing through system and not by pressure, but you have to ask yourself wouldn't more pressure equal more flow. I don't know the answer to that one but have always been taught the more pressure the better.

I replaced the oil bypass spring with a new one (HD) and installed a zippers shim kit . I am now seeing hot idle pressure no lower than 24 psi. which I like compared to the fluctuations I was seeing before. But, pressure climbs to around a steady 52 psi at cruise speeds. Is this excessive and if it is what's the downside of running this high of a pressure? I've emailed zippers but haven't heard anything back.

Your fine.

I see few (like I can't remember when the last one was) oil pressure related failures.Just think about this.Pressure is the resistance to flow.If you can't deal with a little tappet noise there's always the VRod.

Back