free website stats program When is enough enough??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

When is enough enough???

i find ear plugs have a tendancy to blow out at higher rpms even if you use 2 or 3 sets per muffler LOL:lero:bigsmiley22:

Aye and it is getting hard to find the correct larger size as they are always sold out because they always get lost

Brian

I installed Big City Thunder Baffles in my Samson Fishtails on a 05 Road King. They improve the sound, torque and allow for easier tuning. The pipes will still be loud.

Aye and it is getting hard to find the correct larger size as they are always sold out because they always get lost

Brian

I don't need any stinkin ear plugs. I can hear just fine. What. Can you speakup I have this ringing in my ears. I was just getting use to the loud pipes now the rining is getting bad. What? No I don't want any tabacco for my pipe. Ya phones ringing.:wall

I understand completely, just put Khrome werks touring mufflers on to quiet it down last summer, all joking aside,, maybe it is age,, Im not into the loud pipes anymore, but thats just me... Good Luck

Thinking about putting the stockers back on there until I can decide what I want to do. Do you guys think this will affect my tune significantly?? Still have the samson head pipes on there. 2-2. It has been dyno tuned with the SERT for the drag pipes.

Ok, big city thunder makes a quality quiet baffle that fits into the headpipe. (Which, by the way, is the same inner diameter as the stock HD pipe) Got it on order so I'll post what I think about the sound/results. Maybe I can even get a before and after sound clip up some how.

I pull the baffles out and repack them with fiberglass packing from the motorcycle supply store. Works great, but it needs to be done about every 3500 to 4500 miles or so.

I pull the baffles out and repack them with fiberglass packing from the motorcycle supply store. Works great, but it needs to be done about every 3500 to 4500 miles or so.

That's cool. The issue is, I don't have any baffles! I think just adding something will take the edge off the LOUD and bring them down to loud.

Got the Big City Thunder Quality Quiet header baffles installed today. They required me to drill a 1/4 inch hole in the headpipe. Didn't really like this idea, but it was my only option to keep my pipes! Could have gone with different slip ons, but I like the style I have now. I have to say, the product is top notch. It is quality construction and does what it says it is supposed to do. I now have a deeper, throatier sound, but much quieter. There is still plenty of sound to let people know I'm coming and I can still pop the throttle to let out a respectable growl if someone is encroaching on my personal space rolling down the road. I compare the sound I have now to the Rush slip ons I had installed prior to doing the full system. (They had the 2" baffles) I'll post sound clips when I get time and link them. Thanks for everyone's input.

Back