free website stats program When H-D is starting .... | Harley Davidson Forums

When H-D is starting ....

mcszot

Hi Guys,

Any one knows when H-D is starting 2010 production ?
Silly but I have to wait till Oct. for my Iron 883 .....

any one ?

cheers
Al

I think new release 10s will be July 27.Should hear what the changes are around 1st week of July. Dealers don't even know yet supposedly.

Thanks guys for respond, I'm waiting for Iron 883 2010 because in UK all is sold out :)
Dealer sad that it will be at least end of september but safe will be october.

Cheers
Al

nothing till after July was talking to my dealer about getting a Tri Glide - not happening apparently not enough response for the UK/EU market - not a happy bunny

So we are stuck....but it will happened its only matter of time I know that...
when we will get our dreams we must wait for another season....:bigsmiley19:

cheers

I think that a Nightster with apes would be a good offering as standard...maybe toss your UK HD a "bone" and they'll feed it back to MoCo.

Regarding the 2010 range, I hope they'll keep introducing/focusing on Dark Custom models.

The target customers for chrome/shining/sparkling models won't grow in number because they're mostly the 50's/60's generation (Easy Rider) and, for natural reasons, they won't buy many more bikes in the next future :s.

If H-D wants to attract new Customers, the younger ones, needs to talk their language.
I think they're doing great moves with the Dark Custom series:
  • minimalist look perfect to be customized thus providing extreme flexibility
  • black/dark colors in line with current and future fashion style: black is always a fashion color
You'll notice also in the accessories catalog that the number of black versions are growing

Moving on Dark Custom field will grant H-D a larger Customer base worldwide... and one more chance to survive in the market!

The Iron883 is a perfect example: sold out! :)

Just a thought...

Ugo

I'm getting up there in age, and love my chrome. I'll agree the dark bikes are cool. My black denium tank and fenders are awesome. But with black comes chrome. A Harley has to have chrome. Harley also has to design and build bikes for the older folks too. Different models means a different range of customers. Be it a fully dressed Harley, or a chopped up Bob, it's a Harley and that's all that matters. Just my opinion.

Not sure about increasing the Dark Custom range. I have heard here in Australia that they are no longet going to produce the Night Train and the Cross Bones.

On a side note, I have seen the MoCo colour chart for the 2010 models. Some nice colours, but the Green and Cream is gone.

Of course the Chrome MUST be part of the range: it's the "soul" of H-D!

But regarding the Dark Custom, I think they should push on this type and lower the costs.
Let's not forget that the "chrome aged" riders have got the money and can spend for more expensive models, whilst younger riders, in these times of crisis, unstable jobs or no jobs, don't have much money to spend, hence.... simplier and smaller models.

Regarding the Night Train, I've always been wondering why one should spend 4,000$ more than a Street Bob just for hiding the shocks and getting a double seat (plus slight differences and an engine with LESS torque...:s ).

On the other hand, the Cross Bones is the only affordable springer left, thus it seems strange to me that is gonna get out of the range....

Ciao
Ugo

Back