free website stats program Wheel off center, tire rubbed. 180mm deuce | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel off center, tire rubbed. 180mm deuce

Just a wee thought on this if the belt is straight then perhaps it is the rear fender that is out of place
Read through these old threads and the threads liked by hobbit and that may be part of the answer
Rear wheel/fender alignment question - Harley Davidson Community

Brian

Good suggestion! I will run that by the dealer if they don't figure it out.
WAP.gif

Just a wee thought on this if the belt is straight then perhaps it is the rear fender that is out of place
Read through these old threads and the threads liked by hobbit and that may be part of the answer
Rear wheel/fender alignment question - Harley Davidson Community
an idea
Brian

What a great suggestion Brian. Smitty why don't you measure from the inside of the swing to the wheel on both sides, this should give you an idea of how the wheel is sitting in relation to the frame.

The excuse I am hearing from three sources now is the tire is too wide. This is annoying because if it was centered in the fender it would fit perfectly. Seen plenty of 180-200mm deuces. Love to know why mine is a problem. I will be hearing from the dealer tomorrow. I mentioned the fender maybe needing tweaked, he said there's not much play in them. I'm worried they are gonna call me tomorrow and tell me they can't help me. Then what? Should I just remove the saddlebag bracket and forget about it? I learned today that is what it is hitting. Don't plan on using bags anytime soon if ever
WAP.gif

The big reason my deuce doesn't have bags on it. :( You will get used to (Everything except FXSTD/I) :s I went with a luggage rack & passenger back rest to tie a bag on when needed.

Update on the situation.

Hog pro is sending a new hub. They think that's the problem. Renegade messed up the pulley spacer size so why not the hub too? Newhub is supposed to move wheel to the right .118". About 1/8". Should get me back on the road soon. Keeping my fingers crossed
WAP.gif

Great news, it's always nice to hear that a vendor or manufacturer is standing behind their product. Keep us posted

What a nightmare.go to the dealer to pick it up. They say belt is practically touching the tire. I look. They didn't transfer the 1/4" pulley spacer over. It stuck to the original hub do they thought it was part of the hub. Bike gets to stay another night for them fix that. Unreal. Today 75 degrees. Tomorrow 50. Another reason to be unhappy
WAP.gif

What a nightmare.go to the dealer to pick it up. They say belt is practically touching the tire. I look. They didn't transfer the 1/4" pulley spacer over. It stuck to the original hub do they thought it was part of the hub. Bike gets to stay another night for them fix that. Unreal. Today 75 degrees. Tomorrow 50. Another reason to be unhappy
WAP.gif

I hope the dealer isn't charging you extra for their mistake.

They better not even attempt. They should be crediting me for their 2 mess ups.
WAP.gif

Finally everything is good to go... Not good between me and dealer. They wouldn't refund me anything. I sent a letter to the owner. We will see what happens.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back