free website stats program Wheel Exchange | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel Exchange

robshogs

Will a set of say 1985 FXR 9 spoke rims fit a 2002 Dyna Low Rider? Found a cheap set in good condition and not huge on the spokes I have. Until I can afford a higher upgrade wheel down the road.

There are several differences. Your rear tire is a 150, '85's had 130, so the rim may be narrower. Both use 34" axle (I think), but '85 uses 2 piece taper,and '02 uses sealed. There may be a difference in bearing width, which affects spacer width. They will fit, but it may require more aggravation than you want.

ok gents heres my question. I have 1998 fxdwg that has a spoke wheel on the back(already changed front to a mag) and im swapping it out to a mag. I bought a 16inch rear wheel of a guy on ebay that swears up and down itll fit my dyna. I got it powder coated so had to rip out the guts of it. no biggy anyway I wanted to put new bearings in it. so I took it to my tire guy to mount the tire and he says the inner bearing spacer is too short?? that's the one that was in the wheel. so my question then is, is the inner spacer a different size on the rear mag than on the rear spoke? please help!!!...ive gone through three different wheels trying to find a stock mag thatll fit!!...thanks for all your help gents!

spacer cast only = 43608-82
spacer laced only = 43668-82
As the part numbers would suggest different spacers for different wheels spacer will still need to be shimmed to the correct end float to ensure there is no binding or wobble when the wheel gets warm/cold
Detailed procedure is in the manual for setting up the bearings and spacer part numbers of the different thickness of shim are also in the service manual and called spacers

Brian

Back