free website stats program wheel bearings on FLHX | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel bearings on FLHX

LOTS here to work on...

The NEWER bearing that HD introduced for the 2012 model year has the same Part number but a "A" suffix added to tell you CHANGE,,,, Hope it isn't like the CHANGE we got from the election 3+ years ago...:D

I understand that there were a Lot of bearing issues before the "A" suffix bearing.

I tried to find out the CHANGE but to no avail. I did install Two new "A" bearings in my 09FLHR non ABS, after a truck backed into my front end. Bearings were still OK on removal (over 45,000 miles on them) but I did replace them with the new "A" bearings.

I did look at SKF bearings but decided to go with the New HD "A".
Hmmmm Change???:eam

When you replace the Bearings on your HD, the First bearing that gets Pressed Back INTO the bike FIRST,,, is the one on the Brake caliper side (left front side if two brakes) Right side for the rear (brake side first)...

ABS Uses ONE Different bearing on the Left front and Right rear to fit the ABS system...so careful to buy the correct ones.

HD 9252 for ABS Left Front and Right Rear then the 9276"A" for the right front... Same applies for the Rear.

The HD New sealed bearing number HD 9276"A" What is changed?

They seemed to re-think the bearing for some reason? Hopefully , it was for the Problem'd ones from the Past.:s

IF you want a SKF bearing for the stock "A" HD replacement the part #SKF 6205 2 RSJEM...

WHEN in DOUBT that the bearings are going Bad, I would pull the wheel off and give them the Finger Turn and Feel for Bumps or Looseness in the bearing housing. Just cheaper than taking it to the dealier for inspection or replacement.

Just up in the air on a jack or a lift to FEEL the turning of the wheel, should Omit a Non problem bearing.

??? ABS brake systems are Hard to work on? WHY,,,, they Take Special Tooling that HD uses and Not done at home for repairs NOT even Bleeding.:(

HD cornered the market here the same as the cagers did. ABS not for me.:small3d031::53::53::53:

signed....BUBBIE

2500 miles on 3rd set of front and 2nd set in rear.,there is an issue.
WAP.gif

2500 and my fronts were shot.gonna put new bearings in every time i put a tire on. harley should recall this junk,gonna cost someone their life.:MISSOURI

Back