free website stats program wheel balancing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel balancing

Wheel balancing using the static method is usually satisfactory for general applications. Have not used Tire Beads, but they have had great reviews, so it is a viable option. For me, I usually buy my tires from a metric dealer, remove my tire assy observing details when disassembling such as long and short wheel spacer location, wheel/disc and perpendicular to frame alignment and hardware is installed correctly...for the rear here is a good thread to follow:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/4290-removing_rear_wheel.html

Thanks Fin, forgive my ignorance but what procedure does one follow to balance the wheel ? I see you have it removed from the bike and put on an axle support, so I surmise you then spin the tire and/or do what ?

Thanks also Redfish Joe: This sounds extremely interesting, I am wondering why everyone doesn't use these ? I guess because you have to break the tire down first, or now that I think of it how do these work with tube tires ? I have spoke rims.

Here is a link to the web site.

Tire Balancing Products

I see you have it removed from the bike and put on an axle support

I am sure balancing the wheel could be done on the bike but you would have to loosen off the axel and remove the brake caliper and belt just to give un restricted movement of the wheel
i do it if i have changed anything on the wheel ie tyre, brake rotor, pulley so the wheel is off the bike and it is esier to do standing up it gets a wee bit sore being crouched down working on a bike these days

Brian

Back