free website stats program wheel balancing using Dynabeads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel balancing using Dynabeads

R_W_B

If you are running tubes in the tire the moisture problem should not come into play as you pour the beads in thru the valve stem when using tubes.

Thanks, that is a good point that I had not thought of. However I'm still interested in input on the former question because someday I hope to buy cast wheels and get away from the tube (and so many spokes).

I have used them since I had my 08 and routinely get over 17k out of a rear tire and much more from a front. I don't drive really hard but I do keep check on the tire pressure and I believe proper balance also helps and I believe these beads do the job.

I have been running DynaBeads for 3 years in both tubless tires (Ultra) and tube type tires (Dyna). I believe they work, I no longer get any cupping during the life of the tire, and life does seem a little bit improved. I have had one problem with them. While checking the tire pressure one morning in upstate NY, I neglected to roll the tire so the stem was pointed up. A bead was lodged in the schrader valve and caused it to stick open. I sat there helpless, watching the tire bleed down. Always make sure the stem is pointed up (in roughly the 6:00 position) and tap it on the side prior to checking the pressure to make sure there are no beads in the valve. If you have a handy air source, putting a short puff into the tire will also clear the valve stem of any beads. Other than that, I like them and will continue to use them. Yes, I change my own tires.

I have been running DynaBeads for 3 years in both tubless tires (Ultra) and tube type tires (Dyna). I believe they work, I no longer get any cupping during the life of the tire, and life does seem a little bit improved. ..... ......
Always make sure the stem is pointed up (in roughly the 6:00 position) and tap it on the side prior to checking the pressure to make sure there are no beads in the valve. If you have a handy air source, putting a short puff into the tire will also clear the valve stem of any beads. .. ... . ...

Thanks for the reply, if memory serves me aren't you the one that welded a nut on top of a socket that enabled you to actually do like the manual said and torque your lock nut on the clutch adjustment ?

(oh and please guys I realize hundreds of clutches have been adjusted successfully without torquing them, but I remember this as a real gem of creativity)

Thanks for the reply, if memory serves me aren't you the one that welded a nut on top of a socket that enabled you to actually do like the manual said and torque your lock nut on the clutch adjustment ?

(oh and please guys I realize hundreds of clutches have been adjusted successfully without torquing them, but I remember this as a real gem of creativity)

That would be me, anal in just about everything I do.

I've been using Dynabeads for years. They work without question. Getting at least 10% longer life with the tires... and handle much better too!

Back