free website stats program whats your mileage ? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

whats your mileage ?

I just filled up and checked my mileage. Got 38.5 mpg. Thats the best I've ever gotten with this bike. It's usually right at 35-36. I tweaked my green & yellow modes on the EJK down .5 on each setting, so that probably explains why my mileage increased. And this last tank I rode solo, but am usually with my g/f, but she doesn't weigh 100 lbs. soaking wet. I've also noticed if I fill up in Oklahoma with 91 octane and no ethanol, the mileage isn't nearly as good as when I fill up in Texas with 93 octane and 10% ethanol. It also might have to do with the fact that the wind is almost always blowing from the south, so when riding back from Oklahoma I'm going into the wind, but when heading north from Texas into Oklahoma, the wind is at my back, so I'm using less throttle and less gas. I'm just amazed at how some guys bikes get mid to upper 40's, let alone 50, and just downright flabbergasted that attroll is getting 63-68. I'm real curious to know how he figured that.

I regularly get over 60 mpg but then I am calculating that on an imperial gallon rather than a us gallon
Mpg figures can be a wee bit misleading as there are 2 different sizes of gallon in the world

Brian

I have a 2004 Road King Custom with a 95" upgrade and it's carbureted. The best mileage I have ever gotten is 36 mpg. To get that mileage, I had to be so careful to be slow, that it almost wasn't worth riding, it was the most boring riding I've ever done. Most of the time I get 32 to 35 mpg.

i get about 120 out the tank on my 2012 Switchback in the UK which is about 40mpg on a run , but round town and fun riding i darent loo

Back