free website stats program What's your favorite ride ? | Harley Davidson Forums

What's your favorite ride ?

jmoran3

I like riding country roads where I can enjoy the throttle a bit coming out of turns and hearing the engine rev. Nowhere else do I enjoy the feel of the scoot than when there is no traffic, other than a column of bikes that is.

I like riding country roads where I can enjoy the throttle a bit coming out of turns and hearing the engine rev. Nowhere else do I enjoy the feel of the scoot than when there is no traffic, other than a column of bikes that is.

So, will we see you at Americade in lake George? That sounds like just what you're looking for. Lots of scenic roads and lots of like minded people to hang out and ride with. Check out the info here.

That's one of my favorite places to ride, but my most favorite rally is Laconia Bike Week. The rally is great, lots of vendors, 400,000 bikers to hang out with and New Hampshire is THE bike friendly state.

Depends on my mood and sometimes the season. Spring and fall we like riding the Blueridge Parkway and feel like we are all by ourselves with nature. Cruising 45-50 mph with slow twisting turns and pulling off at the overlooks and having a sandwich and looking out over top of the world.. sometimes the clouds are below us and feel like it is the quietest place on earth. Other times cruising down I-95 80-85 mph per hour and feeling like I am one with the bike and I think the bike runs the best at 80-85 but very few place where you can do it safetly and little chance of getting speeding ticket. Another ride we like is the bridges around the Tampa Bay area is a blast to ride over and the scenery is hard to beat.

I'll agree that riding with no traffic makes for a more enjoyable ride, riding in traffic does bring a few laughs. I love it when a cage pulls up next to me with his boom box blowing tunes louder than my idle. As the light turns green, I make sure to hit the troddle and drowned out his favorite part with my new slip-ons. We have a few twisties here near the lakes. Hard not to find some traffic, but spaced apart. Riding by the lakes also makes the ride about 10 degrees cooler in the summer heat.

I love Americade but,,,, I work for a school system so it's tough to get time off in June. July events are better for me but,,,, I always try and ride to Lake George for the last Saturday. It's only about 4 hours to go from Syracuse up through the Adirondak Park, Speculator, and down into Lake George. Long day in the saddle though,,, if I ride back Saturday night. Usually stay over.

I love riding anywhere and any time I get the chance. But my favorite riding destination would have to be getting lost in the twisties of the Smokey Mountains. Any ride is a good ride up in those hills and if you get off the main roads, traffic is usually not bad at all.

I enjoy them all!

Least favorite would be multi lane highways.

We have our fair share of twisty mountain roads and I love them. But there's something about that lonesome desert highway straightaway out it the middle of nowhere leading off into the horizon............

I love Americade but,,,, I work for a school system so it's tough to get time off in June. July events are better for me but,,,, I always try and ride to Lake George for the last Saturday. It's only about 4 hours to go from Syracuse up through the Adirondak Park, Speculator, and down into Lake George. Long day in the saddle though,,, if I ride back Saturday night. Usually stay over.

We have just started to plan our summer trip to someplace where we have not been. From Charlotte headed north to Cleveland turn right at Lake Erie to Buffalo and take in Niagara Falls. Then ride up on the Canadian side of Lake Erie and cross over through the Adirondak to Burlington Vermont. From there we will tour Vermont and New Hampshire before heading back to North Carolina. Which route through the Adirondak should we take and what should we see while there?

Thanks

Just rode the Blue ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and gotta say it was relaxing and very very beautiful. Still Like the Ocean Drive in Acadia Natl. Park in Bar Harbor Maine. One way traffic and absolutely gorgeous. Hope to do the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia this fall...that may take slot # 1

Back