free website stats program What's Your Cleaning Routine??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's Your Cleaning Routine???

Can anyone make a suggestion for cleaning wheels? I have chrome spoked wheels that are a real pain to clean (at least the rear). My hands are too big to get there, especially for around the wheel hub.

When I'm getting to go on a Ride with the group I wash and shine it. Most other times I wipe it down with a damp cotton dipper. I ride most all the time so cleaning comes 2nd. I guess haveing 18,000 on and 07 shows where my time is spent.

When I'm getting to go on a Ride with the group I wash and shine it. Most other times I wipe it down with a damp cotton dipper. I ride most all the time so cleaning comes 2nd. I guess haveing 18,000 on and 07 shows where my time is spent.

Couldn't agree more - I love a clean, shiny bike but I love riding that bike even more. If the weather sucks, I'll sometimes spend an hour cleaning in preparation for the next nice day.

Any recommendations for the black? I have black forks and as you can see a whole lot of black, not much chrome. In general, the bike is getting a good cleaning this weekend, since the previous owner was obviously not diligent about it, a little rust on the stainless steel and spokes, recommendations for that?

Any recommendations for the black? I have black forks and as you can see a whole lot of black, not much chrome. In general, the bike is getting a good cleaning this weekend, since the previous owner was obviously not diligent about it, a little rust on the stainless steel and spokes, recommendations for that?

Check out the thread on Pledge. Someone posted that it really makes the black deeper and more vivid. Can't remember which section it was in - search function will get you there.

What works best for me is, first - clean your bike after every ride. This ensures that there is never that much work that needs to be done. Second - I use only micro-fiber rags to ensure that I leave no film or dirt on the bike. Third - I use a spray foam glass cleaner on pretty much everything and wipe it off with the micro-fiber. Fourth - "Wax as you wipe" is very effective. Fifth - just about any chrome polish works, however I use it as little as possible, once a summer on my pipes and wherever else needs it.

Other owners might not agree with the way I clean my bike, however, doing it this way has always worked well for me. My bike is always beautiful and there are never any water spots or swirl marks on the paint or chrome.

Back