free website stats program Whats wrong with syn 3 ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats wrong with syn 3 ?

ps: What I feel is best.
I do like mobil 1 VTwin in the engine, mainly because it's easy to find and I believe it's a top of the line synthetic.
I like forumla + or a good primary lube for the primary
I like the spectro 6 speed trans fluid or redline SP for the transmission

Excellent choice IMO and I agree.

I have a buddy that is a tech for HD up north and he has had a few trans rebuilds running Syn 3 because of problems with the shift forks being blued on tear down. I don't know what the symptoms were before the tear down but he didn't like what he saw when he got into the transmissions that were all running the Syn 3.
Glad to help you Chopper and hope you found something interesting in the link for the MSDS.

Gee I am glad to see Glider is feeling better, just mention Hugo Chavez and the lion roars...it's good to have him back......

I have run Syn3 in my T-Sport from day 1, and I've been very happy with it. I know there are other options, as I know Smitty uses Spectro Oil religiously. I would get your $$ out of the oil they put in and in the mean time decide which route you'd like to go. I've been very happy with the Syn3 Oil, but that's just me. I'd definately get your $$ out of the work you paid for though.

Wrong? well, if an oil is overpriced, performance is met or exceeded for less money and maker has an anti-USA bent. Plenty of alternatives that eclipse SYN 3, take a look at the polls to be sure.

Wrong? well, if an oil is overpriced, performance is met or exceeded for less money and maker has an anti-USA bent. Plenty of alternatives that eclipse SYN 3, take a look at the polls to be sure.

My oil change didn't cost anything it was done as dealer prep, I noticed many negative posts concerning syn 3 and wondered why. Question answered and more, partly poliyical and partly because its not 100% syn. I'm leaving it in the motor till next change and following choppers recomendations for the other 2 hloes. Whats the diference between mobile 1 and mobile vtwin?

Last edited:
My oil change didn't cost anything it was done as dealer prep, I noticed many negative posts concerning syn 3 and wondered why. Question answered and more, partly poliyical and partly because its not 100% syn. I'm leaving it in the motor till next change and following choppers recomendations for the other 2 hloes. Whats the diference between mobile 1 and mobile vtwin?

ON REDLINE synthetic 20/50 the difference between the 20/50 and the 20/50 v-twin is about 3$ and I believe that is the only thing.. CALLED redline tec : he says the NEW label=3$

NOW on mobil-1 and V-twin, there MIGHT be an additive difference as MOST oils designated V-twin have MORE anti-wear in them...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys I think I got it covered now. With my cages and old bikes it was a good quality ( usually Quaker State ) and done, but my baby needs the best.

A buddy of mine runs syn 3 in his bike, He has a 1996 FLH Road King with a 4 speed transmission he wants to change to spectro would spectro 6 trans fluid still be ok for a 4 speed or does anyone reccomend something else.

Back