free website stats program Whats wrong with syn 3 ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats wrong with syn 3 ?

Big Rol

I had my bike shipped to Can from Kentucky, the dealer done a complete fluid change at 15,000 which is whats on the bike. On the phone it was amsoil but the service sheet says syn 3. After reading multiple posts I'm getting ready to drain the fresh change and start over, I didn't see any specific knocks on syn 3 just a pronounced overall dislike. What is its problem and should I change it now or wait till the next one is due?

Just wait until it's time to change. You have nothing to worry about. Its just discussed on the internet so much, it seems to be a bigger deal then it is.

Note: If the bike has sat for a long time(over a year)since the change, you might want to consider changing it.

Alot of guys (me included) have problems with it's producer Citgo, and their owner Hugo Chavez and his communist politics.

There's nothing "wrong" with it in the sense that it might harm your bike. It's just that there are LOTS of better alternatives!

It's a BLEND that costs as much as a real synthetic oil, not a full synthetic and I wouldn't buy anything made by Hugo Chavez.

I had my bike shipped to Can from Kentucky, the dealer done a complete fluid change at 15,000 which is whats on the bike. On the phone it was amsoil but the service sheet says syn 3. After reading multiple posts I'm getting ready to drain the fresh change and start over, I didn't see any specific knocks on syn 3 just a pronounced overall dislike. What is its problem and should I change it now or wait till the next one is due?

IF PUT INTO ALL 3 HOLES.... I WOULD DRAIN TWO OF THEM

chain case/clutch and tranny need a BETTER GEAR LUBE

harleys FORMAL+ is a much BETTER product for the clutch case AND tranny

THE TRANNY needs a good gear lube NOT SYN3 to me if I used syn3 it would be a SIN!

I USE REDLINE PRODUCTS AND HAVE FOR MANY YEARS..... ON rebuilds that i have done... I find hardly any wear for the miles i have chocked up on my rides.

MY ENGINES use 25/50 redline...HARLEY oil filters
Clutch Chain Case= redline MTL or their SPECIAL primary oil for v-twins
Tranny= shockproof heavy by redline

THE repair shops I KNOW would agree that SYN 3 in all 3 holes IS NOT GOOD and I think a ploy for HD to make more money as I am sure they PAY MORE FOR FORMAL+(their good product) than SYN 3 cost them....SO THEY PUSH IT FOR THE $$$$$...

The engine NEEDS a good synthetic oil (FULL) so it can run COOLER and LESS wear on all the parts especially with the HOTTER RUNNING bikes of today......

BIKES that are AIR COOL are ALSO OIL COOLED... FULL SYNTHETIC oils do a better job of REMOVING HEAT OFF THE PARTS AND COOL THE ENGINE DOWN more than a OUT OF GROUND BASE....

harley oils like their dino oil 360 and FORMAL+ ARE GOOD and Spectro is another FINE product (not harley made) made for chaincase and tranny a BUT I'll stick with the BEST... by me REDLINE PRODUCTS....

signed....BUBBIE

Back